Associate Graphic Designer at Rue Gilt Groupe
We’re looking for…
A talented Graphic Designer with experience in digital performance marketing campaign creation to help us build out our rapidly-growing acquisition marketing creative team. Experience as a key design contributor on successful cross-channel digital marketing campaigns AND an ability to discuss the objectives and learnings derived from your projects will be important. We want someone who can flex both sides of their creative brain—a skilled designer with a focus on strategy and analytics! If you have a sophisticated and modern aesthetic sensibility, an interest in fashion and luxury goods, a drive to keep learning and growing as a marketing creative, and a vision for where your career is going—we want to talk!
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH:
- Serve as a positive, solution-focused model of creative and collaborative excellence
- Create marketing campaigns and assets, design effective creative tests, respond effectively from growing knowledge of performance-driving factors and always execute to our brand guidelines
- Think big. We do a lot but we can always do more. You should be ready to propose big ideas: the great project we haven’t started, the new twist on an already strong idea, and the biggest version of the things we’re already doing well.
- Know digital, know marketing: not just how, but why. We’re a digital-first team, so come armed with the technical skills to do the work well—but more importantly, bring the ideas and passion for producing work that will attract the next-generation of shoppers to our brands.
- Keep learning and teaching. You’ll be working on a quickly-moving team that’s focused on leading and innovating in a fast-paced industry.
- It’s critical to keep yourself up to date on what’s happening in the digital marketing, paid social, fashion, and design world—especially where they all overlap! Always learn more and share what you know.
- Brainstorm, develop, maintain and innovate the design direction, standards, templates and visual content of our marketing campaigns—primarily through email and social platforms.
- Be organized: Develop and maintain requirements, documentation and processes for all Digital projects.
- Ignore barriers: Work collaboratively and constructively to succeed on each project with all of our partners and associates including UX
- Designers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Marketing, etc.
- Work smart, fast: Develop designs in a very fast-paced environment without compromising quality
Improve yourself, improve others: Receive and give constructive feedback on each project
THE RIGHT FIT...
- Design chops and a strong portfolio - we're looking for someone with a passion for, and mastery of, design in the digital and social space, a love of typography, color, an eye for fashion and product photography
- Great understanding of current design tools (especially the Adobe CC suite), trends, and digital marketing best practices
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead and mentor Junior Digital Designers
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), and at least a basic understanding of CSS/HTML.
- Experience with motion design, prototyping and wireframing, and even coding is valuable.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a digital marketing-focused designer in an agency or in-house creative group. Print and traditional experience is a bonus.
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing, social media and ecommerce
- BFA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography
**We can’t wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.**
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other