Associate Designer, Trend, Print and Color at Spanx (Atlanta, GA)
SPANX isn’t your average company… we revolutionized an industry with just $5,000 in savings and zero outside funding. We are in the fashion and retail industry, but we don’t obsess trends, rules or traditional ways of doing things. Rather, we invent solutions and hold several patents. We are focused on reinventing wardrobe basics that have earned cult-followings from customers around the world, earning Spanx shout-outs from the world’s most famous women. We are a high-growth, digital company with an iconic brand that earned its reputation for over 20 years by delivering amazing products and staying true to our greater mission of supporting and elevating women. We don’t believe “pain is beauty” and we don’t believe “business is war.” We run our business with kindness, empathy, intuition, creativity, integrity… and fun. We don’t believe you have to act serious to be taken seriously. We dream big, think forward and give back. We challenge the status quo, aim high and celebrate our “oops” moments. We test and learn, and we aren’t afraid of failure. We think like entrepreneurs in everything we do, and we look for people who are self-starters, kind, creative and out-of-the box-thinkers. If this sounds like you, join us! And help us make the world a better place... one butt at a time.Job Description
The Associate Designer, Trend, Print and Color will work closely with our Senior Director creating Seasonal Color Palettes, Prints, Artworks and Trend presentations for the SPANX Apparel, Active and Intimates. A strong, confident team player, with an emphasis on organization and ability to complete all tasks in accordance with the Calendar.
Reports to: Senior Director, Trend, Print and Pattern. This position is based in our Atlanta HQ.
You’ll love it because you will…
- Development & standardization of color palette. Creation of electronic palettes in A.I. and PLM
- Manage electronic palette and PLM palettes to reflect any necessary changes or updates to palettes
- Manage color vendor partners for CSI, Pantone
- Responsible for creating tools for internal teams & special projects
- Manages extended library and resources, track budget/expenses to adhere to goals
- Partners cross-functionally for tracking lab-dips by key classification
- Create colorways and repeats for Print and Pattern and Production artwork for development packages
- Supports on-going needs for seasonal pattern development
- Communicate & coordinate print strike off development for internal team and vendor/mill
- College degree in Apparel/Textile Design/Development or in a related field of study
- 1-2 years of experience in Print and Patter/Color /Trends
- Interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to build collaborative cross functional relationships
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and PLM
- Munsell Color Test
In 2000, Sara Blakely had a party to go to, a pair of white pants and a struggle to find the right undergarments. So, she cut the feet out of her control-top pantyhose, creating a smooth canvas to wear under her clothes. Through sheer tenacity and a strong belief in herself, she revitalized the hosiery industry and created a new category. Since her original invention of footless pantyhose, SPANX has created thousands of other products – all centered around creating wardrobe solutions and empowering customers to look and feel their best. We dream big, think forward and give back. We challenge the status quo and aim high. We hustle hard, but we never take ourselves too seriously… because where’s the fun in that?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.