Associate Design Director, Brand at Mailchimp (Brooklyn)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is a historically unique and highly imaginative brand that isn’t afraid of expressive and experimental design, advertising and content in service of our mission and our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the “Mailchimp Brand Creative”. We drive our brand’s bold creative vision and uphold and evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits and inspires our employees and customers alike—we humbly accept the label of being Mailchimp’s secret sauce. Read more about our team here.
We are looking for a highly creative Associate Design Director—a leader-doer—to help us evolve while still staying true to our creative spirit. We are seeking someone who loves design as much as we do — who can consistently inspire design teams to deliver exceptional and thought-provoking work. Your own design work sets an extremely high bar, and acts as an example which designers want to follow. You are constantly pushing the boundaries of creativity, and always looking for opportunities for provocative collaborations between design disciplines at Mailchimp. You will be a Brand Guardian of our design system, and stretch, pull and systemize our elements in order to stay ahead. Design and Art Direction is your passion and you can talk Brand Design in your sleep.
What you'll do here:
- Work on projects truly from start to finish.
- Lead and be responsible for the creative success of medium sized to large projects – often more than one at the same time, day-to-day.
- Consistently spearhead and inspire design teams to deliver exceptional and provocative work. Your own design work sets an extremely high bar.
- Work collaboratively and cross-disciplinary with design teams to build systemic solutions.
- Manage multiple projects of varying types of deliverables.
- Ensure all final design deliverables for a project are pixel perfect.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Cultivate the unique voice/vision of your direct reports so their voices are being heard and their ideas valued.
- Understand resourcing needs and when to prioritize and delegate.
- Find opportunities for provocative collaborations between design disciplines at Mailchimp.
- Find smart connections between what's going on in the world and what we can achieve at Mailchimp.
- With the Creative Directors, you guide the creative voice of the design community and Mailchimp as a whole.
- Pushes the boundaries of design.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are a brilliant creative and strategic thinker who recognizes how creativity can solve business problems.
- You're a great planner who constantly thinks ahead about the needs of the team, the account and the project.
- You are passionate about Design and Art Direction.
- You are a great leader who can provide insight, encouragement, and constructive direction
- You are skilled at inspiring a team.
- You have sound design judgment and intuition.
- You are brand minded, understanding the strength of the team.
- You are mature and perceptive, able to 'read' and weigh in on complex situations and others' motivations.
- You are a great problem solver, with the judgment, experience and decisiveness to make things happen
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.