Drift® is the leader in Conversational Commerce for B2B, making business buying frictionless, more enjoyable and more human. Drift combines Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales into a single platform that integrates chat, email, video and artificial intelligence (AI) to power the right conversations at the right time between buyers and sellers. More than 50,000 customers use Drift to deliver a unified customer experience that builds trust and accelerates revenue. Representing less than 1% of unicorns led by Latino founders, Drift is building an equitable, enduring company to transform the way businesses buy from businesses. After just four years in market, the company has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the role
Drift is looking for an Associate Creative Director to lead the design team as well as assist the Marketing team’s campaigns and initiatives. We are a small, tight-knit, dynamic group of creators and makers. Our creative team consists of 3 designers and 4 videographers under our VP of Content & Community. We are looking for someone to help evolve the brand, manage the design team, and also roll up their sleeves to help work on a variety of projects across media, digital, social, and print.
Drift is a tech company. Our brand is anything but. Our brand is real, personal, authentic and human. We don’t use cartoons, or cute illustrations. We use real people and a bold graphic style to reflect the energy of our business and emphasize our commitment to people, human interaction and our focus on the customer. Our role models aren’t other B2B companies – they’re companies like Apple, Nike, and Patagonia. We are focused on continuing to move upmarket and becoming a brand icon.
What you’ll do:
- Lead visual storytelling
- Create and execute beautiful, vibrant brand engagement: from one-off execution to complete 360-degree integrated campaigns
- Partner with the marketing team (product design as well) and also provide direction and mentorship for the design team
- Demonstrate an excellent sense of current design trends and passion for evolving branding
- Support the growth and development of a thriving team with an energetic, engaged, collaborative and productive work style
- Exhibit a passion for best practices for visual communication online and off; amazing layout/composition skills with an interest in UX, and an understanding of what makes great photography great
- A solid ability with all Adobe CC programs and Sketch (Figma is a bonus!)
- 2-4 years leading an in-house design team
- 7-10 years experience as a designer on either an in-house creative team or agency
- A diverse portfolio of work you have created
- You have interest in all functions of marketing: Visual design, Copywriting, Product marketing, Content, PR, Brand voice and how all of it comes together to create a world class brand and premium customer experience.
- You are a fast learner.
- You are comfortable being uncomfortable.
- You are a self starter. Don’t get bogged down by the little things.
- You are eager and able to iterate quickly. (Up for the task regardless.)
- You’ll need to be fast. We work quickly and efficiently.
What working with us looks like
At Drift we’re bringing human back. We transformed the way businesses connect with their customers and are rewriting the rules for sales and marketing. The products we build here help our customers serve their customers in a way that is refreshingly frictionless. We’re solving real business problems and creating tangible impact on our customers’ bottom-line. Drift is for the curious, the determined, the creators and the problem solvers. If this sounds like you, we think you’ll love it here.
Still with us?
Excited? We are actively looking for this role now.