Associate, Art Director - Brand Creative at Capital One (Washington DC)
Associate, Art Director - Brand Creative
Capital One Brand Creative is looking for an Art Director to bring our brand to life across different audiences, products, channels and types of communication.
Yep, we're a Fortune 100 finance company-credit cards, banking products & services, and best-in-class technology. But our brand is personable, fun and engaging as we aim to help customers feel at ease on their financial journey.
If you're a champion of strategic ideas with exceptional design chops and passion for customer-focused marketing, we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design. No surprise there, right?
- Design creative for a range of print and digital channels, including email, web, direct mail, display, and social media.
- Brainstorm big concepts one day and tackle detail-oriented projects the next.
- Collaborate with a lot of smart people.
- Work with your team-copywriters, creative directors, brand and marketing strategists.
- Work with your partners-internal marketing and line-of-business.
- Create marketing that cuts through the noise.
- Use strategy to inform your creative decisions.
- Understand the importance of integrated thinking across channels, products and audiences, while staying true to the brand.
- Learn from consumer insights and let them influence your work.
- Be willing to push the process and mindsets of others to create great customer experiences and strengthen our brand.
- Get stuff done. On time. Every time.
- Manage multiple deadlines on numerous projects happening at the same time.
- Deliver error-free work, using best practices with keen attention to detail.
- Listen to and incorporate feedback.
- Determine when to use existing solutions or start from scratch, so you can invest your time where it matters.
- Understand the goals of a project, take direction well, and ask questions when you need clarity.
- Present your work in a compelling way to create support across different audiences.
WHO YOU ARE
You want to be an EVIDENCE-BASED MARKETER.
- Your curiosity is endless. There's always something else to learn.
- You're flexible and not afraid of change-in fact, you welcome the challenge.
- You share your point of view but seek out what might be missing and listen.
- You have big ideas and know the best ones are driven by proof, persistence and patience.
- You're a storyteller. You simplify the complex and compel your audience to act.
- You know how to enjoy yourself. While fun isn't mandatory, it certainly seems to follow you.
- You care-about the work, your team and the customers you serve.
- At least one year of design experience in a professional setting, internship, or freelance engagement
- At least 1 years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- At least 1 year of experience working with a prototyping software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Portfolio of your creative work
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- Experience in UX/UI or wireframing
- Experience in one or more of the following marketing areas: B2B, Experiential, Performance, or Direct Response
- Experience in the financial services industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).