Are you someone who self-initiates and is comfortable leading with an approachable and optimistic style? Are you careful and meticulous and utterly reliable because you are organized, self-sufficient and conscientious? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ Art Director role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for an Art Director to lead our video team in all elements of design, style, and execution of our content.
- Ideate and oversee projects through all aspects of production, from concept to completion, while ensuring quality is up to brand standards
- Develop and maintain video brand guidelines, graphic styles, and design standards
- Work seamlessly with our videographers, stylists, and post-production teams to communicate and uphold the visual language and creative direction of website/social/brand video and cross-platform campaigns
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including content, marketing, and design on all projects to ensure objectives, milestones, and deadlines are met
- Provide creative and effective solutions that ladder up to the Black Spectacles brand
- Collaboratively build and expand upon the vision and ideas of others to create something bigger
- Conceptualizing for different types of video including 2D animation, hand-drawn, 3D, live-action, and more
- Providing hands-on design for mood boards, storyboards, pitch decks, and more
- Communicating project direction, expectations, and feedback to vendors
- Completely own the video design process: concept development, storyboard development, animation, editing, and output
- Collaborate with Head of Design and video team on video sets with art direction and styling
- Significant demonstrated agency or in-house experience
- Demonstrated success in a similar Art Director role with a focus on video design and production
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud/After Effects
- In-depth understanding of post-production, CGI/VFX, and motion graphics
- A strong eye for visual design and art direction
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, stay organized, identify and address problems and meet deadlines.
- ‘Work from wherever’ policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.