3D Motion Graphics Designer & Animator at Matter (Portland, OR)
Matter Communications (www.matternow.com) is an independent and thriving integrated PR + social media, digital marketing and creative services firm focused on what matters most: our people, our clients and our results. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse technology and consumer industries. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can deliver smart and insightful counsel, along with the program execution, that generates results. We've built and nurtured a team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients. And because it makes for a happy place to work. While we're serious about what we do, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We’re proud to have won a number of video marketing awards as well as Top Place to Work and Top Agency in the US.
We’re currently looking for a 3D Motion Graphics Designer + Animator to join our Video Services team. This is an exciting opportunity for a visual storyteller to create engaging content for Matter’s extensive roster of clients as well as for Matter’s own internal marketing efforts. This person will work alongside and among our award-winning Creative Services team on a wide variety of motion graphics initiatives in multiple styles across many industries. The Creative Services group works with PR and/or Digital account teams, as well as independently, to manage projects from proposal stage through final delivery, collaborating with other staff members and clients regularly.
- Pre-production, production, and post-production of client video and audio assets
- Design graphical assets and / or manipulate existing assets
- Animate and edit video content for use across a wide array of digital networks
- Liaise with multiple client teams, manage deadlines and multiple deliverables
- Stay current with new technology and trends
Along with a great portfolio of work, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 3-4 years minimum experience as a 3D motion graphics designer and video animator
- Strong and varied portfolio of B2B and B2C design and animation. Please share your reel.
- Expertise using video post-production and motion graphics editing best practices
- Demonstrated project management skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of design principles and typography
- Advanced knowledge of Houdini a plus
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Advanced knowledge of Cinema4D or equivalent
- Creative, self-motivated and able to work on multiple projects independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire and willingness to continually learn and improve through numerous professional development opportunities
- Familiarity with workflow management and collaborative software a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and a fast learner
- Brings a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
Please include a link to your work along with your resume and cover letter.
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.