3D Environment Artist at CD PROJEKT RED (Remote)
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.Job Description
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to support The Molasses Flood development studio in their own ambitious project which is based on one of CD PROJEKT’s IPs. As an Environment Artist you will be responsible for modeling and texturing stylized 3D environment assets as well as helping to set, decorate and build out exciting locations. If you want to bring the new world of an upcoming game to life, apply and become a part of the challenge!
This position will require remote cooperation with The Molasses Flood Boston studio.
The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT development studio located in the greater Boston area. It was founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. The Molasses Flood is currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and is growing their team across all departments.
- Create high quality, stylized, 3D models for architecture, nature, and props, taking them through the modeling, texturing, and baking pipeline.
- Set dressing and world building in the engine.
- Work with the Art Director and leads to ensure artistic unity across the game and help develop the world from prototype to final art.
- Collaborate with everyone on the team in achieving the overall vision of the game.
- At least 3-4 years of experience working in the video games industry on at least two shipped titles.
- Strong portfolio showing high & low poly modeling, texturing, and shader skills that demonstrate a high level of artistic creativity and technical ability.
- A high level of proficiency in tools for modeling (3dsMax, Maya, Blender or equivalent) and PBR texturing and materials (Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter Marvelous Designer, or equivalents).
- Knowledgeable about current environment art trends, modeling and texturing technologies, tools pipelines, performance trade-offs, and interdepartmental dependencies.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-planning and organization.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- Passion for games!
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.