Workplace Site Manager at Okta
Job Description :
We are looking for someone who is excited, curious and feels empowered by the future of work. Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located, we call this future, Dynamic Work. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, those employees can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where they live.
As part of the Workplace Services team at Okta, the Site Manager will have oversight of our co-headquarter (HQ) facility in San Jose and support our growing distributed dynamic workforce. This role will be responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders to deliver on the Okta workplace experience. The successful candidate will excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position requires strong analytical skills, a comfort with facilitating cross-functional meetings to interface regularly with business representatives, as well as an ability to articulate strategies and solutions.
Job Duties Include :
- Develop and lead a dynamic team overseeing Workplace Services and general facilities operations
- Lead and assist teams in the management of all programs, including but not limited to, health and safety, food and beverage, space planning, ergonomics, shipping and receiving, janitorial, and MEP
- Build strong internal relationships with our employees, partner teams and key stakeholders
- Responsible for the oversight of all vendor services, including quarterly business reviews, ensuring the ongoing performance and financial review of vendor partnerships
- Ensure team is driving vendors to meet Okta’s service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicator (KPI) requirements
- Oversee the San Jose Workplace Operations budget; partner with Finance on all items ranging from capex/opex, accruals, reforecasts, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with property management team
- Engage and collaborate with business partners to gain cross-functional support and leverage initiatives across divisions
- Work closely with HQ North – San Francisco site manager to align strategy and programs over the region
- Liaise with other Workplace teams including Workplace Technology, Physical Security, Real Estate and Project Management to provide a cohesive workplace experience
- Develop and regularly update Workplace Services playbook for San Jose site
- Provide operational support to Project Manager regarding all San Jose-based construction projects including tracking all TI construction files (architectural plans, installation warranties, Operation & Maintenance manuals, etc.), drafting internal comms, and space launch
- Be a local leader for driving Okta culture. Oversee San Jose’s internal events, ensuring standards, budgets and compliance are adhered to while providing event strategy to the evolving facility
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of workplace programs and/or site management experience for a large company
- Position is an “on-call 24/7” role with presence in the office M – F, 8am-5pm expected
- Must have strong management and leadership skills, and experience with both direct reports and cross functional teams
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, financial acumen, as well as, verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to internal/ external stakeholders
- Strong background in Workplace Services focused on customer service and promoting a positive employee experience. Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer and systems knowledge – including Space IQ, Coupa, Workday, CMMS, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or AA/AS with equivalent experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.