At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an experienced Workday Functional Analyst to be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the Human Capital Management (HCM) processes in Workday. Key functions include the analysis, design, configuration, testing, training, implementation and support of the system. This role can be performed remotely or at one of our Aerospace locations, across the US.
The HR & Payroll Systems Department is part of Aerospace's IT organization, Enterprise Information Services (EIS). Its primary responsibility is to develop and maintain the systems that enables the People Operations organization. Specifically, within the Workday modules of Core HCM, Recruiting, Performance Management, Advance Compensation, Talent Management and Benefits.
The ideal candidate must have wide functional and system knowledge paired with strong analytical and communication skills to partner with the business to improve the operational effectiveness of the People Operations team. This includes the evaluation of Workday released functionality. Staying current with the upcoming roadmap, assessing, and presenting options to enhance and streamline business processes.
What You Will Be Doing
- Functional configuration of the Workday system across a wide range of modules
- Troubleshooting production support issues
- Gathering requirements, documenting designs, and evaluating options for change
- Documenting business end to end process flows
- Developing functional specifications for integrations
- Creating test plans, unit testing and leading business partners through User Acceptance Testing
- Implementing new functionality to production
- Demonstrating solutions to product owners, business stakeholders and fellow agile team members
- Utilizing business knowledge to identify opportunities for process and operational improvement
What You Need to be Successful
- Experience configuring in at least one Workday HCM module but able to deliver production support in others
- HCM process business experience
- IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process experience
- Six or more years of relevant experience for Staff Level III position, ten or more years for Staff Level IV
- Strong capability in customer service, collaboration, and relationship building
- Process focused, with ability to see the larger picture
- Excellent documentation skills (Email, Visio process flows, design documents, specifications etc.)
- Proactive, with a sense of ownership and ability to drive work, and projects to completion
- Enthusiasm to learn new functions and technologies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
- Experience configuring Workday Recruiting module
- Strong understanding of Workday report writing
- Strong understanding of Workday security
- Strong understanding of Workday technologies and integrations (e.g., DocuSign)
- Experience in driving process improvement and change management
- Direct experience participating on Agile/Scrum system development teams
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$95,000 - $120,000 - $140,000
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.