Webmaster at AvePoint (Washington DC)
Weaving the web together.
We’re looking for a professional who can meet a huge variety of needs for our website. If you’re tech savvy but looking to flex your creative side, this role may be right for you.
Working as our Webmaster, your role will be to work with the senior Developer, Web Designer, and marketing team on critical projects and ongoing web support. You’ll make agile, incremental improvements based on data and usage analytics. You’ll lead larger initiatives to upgrade our look and feel. You’ll ensure key stakeholders are able to provide input and are kept up to date on progress and performance.
You will be responsible for running site audits on the company’s multiple websites to ensure that there are no 4xx/5xx errors; ensuring that all tags are firing correctly for a variety of ad/analytics tools; making sure the site data and content is accurate and reliable; and that there are no security issues with WordPress or Craft CMS components / modules. You’ll provide recommended actions to address any issues or to implement improvements.
Your responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’ website(s).
- Ensure that websites are secure, functional, visually appealing, user-friendly, and consistently updated.
- Monitor website(s) performance with search engines, functionality, and overall core web vitals.
- Ensuring the on-page experience and data collection is human friendly. This includes that the website is optimized not only for search engines but also for users.
- Keep track of content, campaigns, and marketing efforts.
- Lead cross-functional projects of developers, marketers, designers to implement changes – whether for continuous improvement or IA and design uplift.
- Assist in setting up A/B and Multi-Variate testing from a technical standpoint.
- Identify areas for improvements in site structure, internal linking, security vulnerabilities, page code and content development.
- Support critical information technology work by configuring, maintaining, updating, and optimizing servers.
- Knowledge of website management tools. Preferred knowledge in a variety of CMS’ however, WordPress is a must.
- Knowledge of IT security and Information Architecture (IA) best practices.
- Excellent project management skills, backed by an agile methodology.
- Basic graphic design. Note: this role will have a web design counterpart, but an understanding of basic design principles is a must.
- Passion for UI/UX innovation.
- Technical search engine optimization (SEO).
- Website QA - Testing websites across browsers, operating systems, and devices.
- Writing. You may occasionally pitch in with light copywriting to support campaigns.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational or project management skills.
- Familiar with API programming enough to troubleshoot or build.
- Familiar with SQL, ETL, Boomi, and similar tools.
- CMS – WordPress and other major platforms such as Drupal, AEM, Craft, etc.
- Working with senior developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
We look for people who value agility, passion and teamwork; those who can bring fresh ideas to the table and want the opportunity to learn, grow, and expand their careers. Bring your aptitude and build upon what you do best at for our customers, partners, team, and you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.