Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn't work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions - to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we've embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes - large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We're building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Marketing Analytics team at Square is responsible for leveraging marketing technology and data infrastructure to make recommendations to drive full funnel efficiencies and measure the impact of owned, earned, and paid marketing initiatives. As a Web Measurement Analyst within the Marketing Analytics organization, you will analyze web strategy performance results, develop and socialize learnings and recommendations, and drive experimentation to identify growth opportunities. You will be the liaison between the content and web team, seller experience team, and the analytics team to ensure we have proper measurement best practices in place for all marketing owned web strategies. You will work closely with numerous stakeholder teams, including Marketing, Data Engineering, and Seller Experience.
- Own measurement, benchmarking, deep dive analysis, and ad hoc support for our marketing web strategy initiatives
- Serve as a go-to cross-functional partner to our Marketing Web Strategy team
- Drive planning processes and keep a pulse on the latest measurement methodologies and tools to aid in defining web strategy and optimizations
- Work closely with Marketing Web Strategy team to support the growth, optimization, and measurement of our Square website
- Develop effective measurement frameworks and reports for non-technical audiences to enable actionable insights to improve seller's onsite experience and aid in moving sellers through the funnel
- Work with our analytics, design technology, and data engineering teams to ensure measurement capabilities are in place prior to new page launches
- Act as a go-to resource to educate stakeholders on how to effectively leverage web analytics tools like Google Analytics as a way to effectively understand visitor behavior on owned surfaces
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define web page objectives and develop comprehensive measurement plans and KPIs to ensure results are measurable, actionable, and aligned with page goals
- Partner with other measurement analysts to understand and quantify how web strategy and integrated marketing strategy work together to move sellers through the funnel
- Deliver regular business critical reports on web performance, ensuring consistency, accuracy and with actionable insights on learnings
- 5+ years of experience in developing web measurement solutions from beginning to end to support web strategy including developing measurement best practices, metrics delivery, developing actionable insights, and integrating with other data initiatives.
- Deep experience working with web measurement tools like Google Analytics (including GA4), ContentSquare, and FullStory, and robust understanding of web measurement and web metric definition best practices
- Strong ability to translate web performance to optimization opportunities and other key learnings for non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with web testing platforms like Optimizely + GrowthBook and the ability to assist stakeholders with optimal web A/B testing set up
- Familiarity with organic and paid marketing initiatives including understanding how different traffic source channels have divergent behavior and needs
- Proficiency with excel (can perform complex functions) , SQL and data visualization tools like Looker or Tableau
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical co-workers
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguous problems and experimenting with different approaches
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision makers and work with cross-functional partners in different time zones
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.