VP & Head of Platform Data Products at Xometry (Miami, FL)
| Miami, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:32 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Xometry is the source for on-demand manufacturing, offering massive capacity, instant online quotes, fast lead times, and affordable pricing. Our global network of over 5,000 manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities includes CNC machining, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, urethane casting, and a industry-leading 3D printing service. We have a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies and can make anything from a single prototype to millions of parts.
In the role of VP & Head of Platform Data Products you will leverage the data and insights generated by Xometry’s products to drive revenue and identify product opportunities. You will partner with executives and work closely with other business stakeholders to shape a vision and execute on that vision. You will own the data product managers, data science, machine learning, and analytics resources for Xometry.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success at leading technology and product organizations, ideally at a tech or consumer company. You are an analytical and creative thinker, able to toggle quickly between the big themes and the little details. You are willing to roll up your sleeves to dive into the data and insights that will fuel our toughest decisions, you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first.
Who We Are Looking For:
● You are equal parts strategist and an executor
● You bring years of product leadership experience in a product led company where data, AI, machine learning are core to the company’s success in the market. E-commerce/marketplace experience highly preferred
● You are comfortable Interacting at an executive level on strategic product direction, including interacting with senior company leadership on complex processes and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important product led outcomes
● You are skilled at having an impact in complex or ambiguous problem spaces that cannot be empirically proven yet require blending data and scientific methods with judgment-based approaches.
● You bring experience building and leading expert product, data science, analytics, and engineering teams comprising both leaders and individual contributors, and are adept at figuring out ways to position them for success
● You have a technical background that is broad, spanning multiple areas including data products and visualization, data and behavioral analytics, advanced metrics, statistics, machine learning, causal methods, and data engineering and architecture
● You are skilled at operating in a complex, cross-functional organization, or company where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines
● You have strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams, from executive leadership to the company as a whole
● You are collaborative, diplomatic, and humble. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to help when needed
● You have the ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibility
● You likely have a graduate degree or studies in a quantitative field such as Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, etc
What’s In It For You:
● You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative team that is working together to reshape the future of manufacturing
● We move fast and experiment across the organization, and we aren’t afraid to try new things
● We invest in growing our people — personally and professionally
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
More Information on Xometry
Xometry operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Gaithersburg, MD, Bethesda, MD and Lexington, KY. Xometry was founded in 2013. It has 381 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 48 open jobs at Xometry, click here.
Read Full Job Description