As the Head of Data at TripActions, you will lead and grow the data function for one of the hottest Pre-IPO companies in the world. Reporting to the CTO, this role oversees data engineering, machine learning, dashboards, insights, driving innovation through data and supporting the business. From rapid-response BI to advanced experimentation & causal inference to the company-wide and creating a self-service analytics platform. You will be responsible for driving and democratizing insights about our core businesses, working cross-functionally with key business leaders to set business strategy and driving bottom-line business impact. You’ll be inheriting a team of over 20 and will be directly involved in helping to scale these teams globally. At TripActions, we really believe that a lot of innovation comes from data and insights and we expect the data team to keep bringing insights, some of which will turn out to be relevant and some not relevant.
As a Head of Data, you will:
- This person should be curious and inject curiosity into the group
- Define and iteratively execute your plan to better understand and maximize the sufficient causal drivers of our business
- Collaborate with dozens of internal stakeholders to help set company-wide strategy across marketing, pricing, consumer product, offline operations, and others
- Improve our ability to both ask better questions and answer questions better, using a combination of both qualitative and quantitative information
- Manage a growing team through layers and reinforce a culture of context (not control), democratized power, radical candor
- Continue to scale and up-level a highly committed team via rapid hiring, functional practices, and a culture of excellence
We’re Looking For Teammates Who Have
- 15+ years of experience in at least 3 of the 4 following areas: experimentation, product analytics, analytics platforms, and/or user research.
- 5+ years of management experience, including working with cross-functional teams and managing managers
- Exceptional background in at least one of the following areas: advanced experiment design, causal inference, or mixed-methods user research
- Exceptional ability to translate between business and technical audiences, especially in summarizing highly technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- Strong people management abilities and instincts, especially managing managers and managing a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong analytical and/or quantitative background