Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a direct report of the Chief Data Scientist of Optum Enterprise Data and Analytics, you will be accountable for providing visionary Technology directions across our enterprise and market. You will be a senior technology leader with focus on future technology needs of the organization as a key member of the Optum Advanced Technology Collaborative. You will lead a portfolio of methodologies on technology research and development projects. You will leverage your technology expertise and understanding of market trends, to formulate, develop and execute multi-year strategic technology plans to grow the business and deliver real value to our customers. You will have the partnership opportunities to get those incubated solutions into the right teams to continue the development post R&D. Portfolios include several AI/ML and other Technologies. We have teams with deep expertise which includes NLP, GNN, Graph Databases, Python, MLOps, UX Design, and even Full Stack Engineering, and oversee and incubate new technologies. With demonstrated expertise in our portfolio, there are many places to grow.
- Collaborating with CIOs and business leaders to provide long-term thinking, strategy, and understanding of future product and services
- Regular forward-thinking knowledge sharing on cutting edge technologies (internally and externally). Global forums, conferences, and knowledge building modalities
- Cultivating an established network of industry expertise, and leveraging that group
- Partnering with Product and Leaders to provide strategic oversight, analytics, and leadership
- Contribute to Optum Tech strategy and UGH strategy about innovative technology thinking
- Keep UHG on the leading edge of technology
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in the technology professions
- Demonstrated recognition for innovative work in a variety of technologies
- Experienced in leading technology direction while influencing both technology delivery and business strategy
- Experience communicating, collaborating, and negotiating with executive leadership
- Possess a growth mindset with the expertise in championing change and transformation
- Ability to inspire Distinguished Engineers and guide innovative approaches
- Track record of attracting high-performing teams of senior technology professionals
- Expertise in NLP, speech analytics, and chatbot
- Expertise in Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Experienced in delivering innovative technology within an Agile setting
- Experience writing publications and creating patents
- Cloud expertise and understand the tradeoff of build versus buying innovation solutions
- Experience leading a MLOps function
- Led proof of concepts activities and moved concept solutions into production
- Advanced Degree
- Experience writing publications and creating patents
- Cloud expertise and understanding tradeoff of build versus buy innovation solutions
- Experience leading MLOps
- Ability to lead proof of concepts and moving solutions into production
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only : The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $174,600 to $332,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.