Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you live and breathe research, love working with people, and thrive on applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a User Researcher to join our growing distributed team.
The Analytics Visualization Platform is a newly formed team, with a bold mission to craft the future of our new analytics and data visualization engine that will power insights for all our products. Atlassian products are home to a treasure trove of data, and our goal is unleash the potential of data for every team. We are empowering customers to go beyond out-of-the-box reports and truly customize analytics to meet the needs of their organization.
You will join our talented, forward-thinking team as a dedicated researcher, allowing you to dive deep on the data & analytics space and make an indelible impact on the product we are releasing to customers. You will have the opportunity to conduct research that deepens our relationship with our customers, fosters cutting edge design innovation, informs our roadmap and brings confidence to our strategic direction.
We have more than 10M users all around the world—and teams (giant and small) depend on our software to do their work. Organizations like NASA, Twitter, and LinkedIn use Atlassian products everyday; our Research & Insights team is at the heart of helping uncover what makes these teams work well together.
As a UX Researcher at Atlassian, you will:
- Conduct research using a variety of methods both generative and evaluative, to help us understand how to improve our products
- Facilitate research with both end-users of our product suite, as well as our internal customers
- Own all aspects of the research projects: Planning, Recruitment, Data Collection, Synthesis, Reporting and Socializing
- Evangelize research and contribute to the development of strong and innovative research practice across Atlassian
- Ensure team engagement in user research studies, and help Product Managers, Design and Engineering foster a shared understanding of research findings to drive research-informed decision making
- Share insights across your team in creative ways to help them understand the needs of our customers and users, inform design decisions, and improve the usability of our product
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Bring 2+ years of hands-on experience as UX Researcher
- Have a graduate or post graduate degree in design / HCI / psychology / social sciences / anthropology or a related field
- Be organized, driven, diligent and creative
- Work with a geographically remote team
- Be proficient in various qualitative and perhaps some quantitative research methods too: including but not limited to interviews, usability testing, surveys, and concept testing
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, and know when to apply each method
- Be proficient in processing and analyzing research results, to generate impactful strategic and tactical recommendations
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.