What you'll do:
- Monitor and maintain our day-to-day fraud operations. You’ll investigate suspicious flaggings and take action on bad actors.
- Communicate with users directly on sensitive issues like DMCA takedown requests, intellectual property complaints, and unusual payment activity.
- Serve as a first touch point for our Trust & Safety support agents. You’ll triage tricky escalations, coordinate schedules, and track performance metrics.
- Work collaboratively to solve cross-team issues as they arise
Why we're excited about you:
- Experience working analytically. You know how to navigate large sets of data in spreadsheets. You’re excited to learn more about working with databases.
- Confidence in making evidence-based decisions and judgement calls. You document your thinking and clearly articulate the reasoning behind a decision.
- A diligent, procedural working style. You’ll execute on existing processes, and help optimize them as we grow. You’re comfortable using existing frameworks to navigate tough decisions.
- Poise in communicating sensitive or difficult topics with your manager, your team, and our users.
- An interest in and familiarity with protecting online communities.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in scaling our fraud efforts and Trust & Safety processes long-term.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.