As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
As a rapidly growing Customer Experience Automation (CXA) platform, we are looking to add a Trust and Safety Analyst to the team. This role is focused on protecting the ActiveCampaign brand, platform, and customers from malicious behavior and general poor practices for email, SMS, forms, landing pages, API, and any new product lines in development.
Trust and Safety Analysts should feel empowered to ensure ActiveCampaign and its customers are compliant with all relevant legal and internal standards. You are charged with professionally and politely educating customers and employees on best practices while maintaining a good reputation. You should be highly ethical but pragmatic. Your overall goal will be to make certain we are operating in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
To succeed in this role, you should be fair and modest while scrutinizing the facts and leveraging data to support your decisions. The ideal candidate is employing their own experiences to help us continue to iterate on current monitoring systems, investigative practices, customer communication strategies, as well as internal and external compliance education. The ideal candidate will closely identify with a Trust and Safety Analyst Mindset:
• Maintain and promote a positive attitude while meeting productivity and quality goals
• Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
• Inquisitive; investigative; data-oriented
• Approachable; collaborative mindset. Interdepartmental relationship building and collaboration skills.
What your day could consist of:
- Perform investigations utilizing internal and external tools such as AWS Fraud Detector, Sift, Internal Database Queries, Cloudflare, Ehawk, Validity/250ok, BI tools, and more.
- Effective cross-team communication including the ability to:
- Partner with the Training/Education teams to build programs that help clients comply with ActiveCampaign policies.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to build systems for monitoring sensitive or high-risk accounts.
- Serve as an SME and provide guidance on policies and processes, offer a clear escalation path for compliance-related items beyond their expertise
- Understand data privacy and email/SMS legislation
- Fraud (Security): identify patterns and prevent fraudulent behavior, assist in the implementation planning for internal tooling and implementation for vendor solutions
- Sales/Success/Support: provide SME guidance on ActiveCampaign AUP/ToS policies, anti-spam legislation, best practices, as well as offering a clear escalation path for customer-facing team members with compliance tickets
- Product/Engineering: collaborate to develop UI enhancements to address internal and external needs
- Thought Leadership
- Creation of training videos, blog posts, help articles, internal wikis, templating, meeting facilitation, webinars, etc.
- Engage with industry professionals through M3AAWG, EmailGeeks, Women of Email, etc. Collaborate cross-functionally with product, legal, sales and leadership teams to ensure that all perspectives are considered, and that ActiveCampaign policy positions are communicated consistently, internally and externally.
- Optimize Workflow Efficiency
- Apply qualitative & quantitative insights to drive operational improvements to existing processes.
- Develop process and workflows for designated high-risk verticals.
- Define monitoring and escalation protocol to minimize policy violations and illegal activity on the ActiveCampaign platform.
- Develop and refine ActiveCampaign product policies, with a focus on illegal content, information quality and emerging trends.
- Project manage policy launches across teams to ensure that needed process, product, tools and communications are updated in a timely manner.
- Content review processes and internal systems
- Train machine learning models to detect malicious and spammy behavior
- Streamline ticketing processes to meet SLAs
- Manage performance metrics rehabilitation program to help struggling customers implement best practices
- Build on a foundation of trust with customers by continuing to evolve internal processes and policies that are focused on improving customer experiences that make the customer a hero.
- Communicate with management about necessary improvements; including but not limited to system updates, policy adjustments, customer care issues
- Manage internal and customer-facing compliance escalations with care and in a timely manner including termination reviews, prospect vetting, third-party or upstream provider complaints
- Partner with Compliance team members to track emerging legal, regulatory and policy trends across the world
- Be the central escalation POC and manage internal communications for ongoing policy issues
What is needed:
- 3-5+ years in content policy, fraud, or anti-abuse operations
- Experience with third-party tools such as Validity/250ok, Sift, AWS Fraud Detector, or similar
- A curious mind with an eagerness to stay up to date on current abuse trends and threats, email standards, and upcoming domestic and international legislation surrounding email, SMS, and data privacy.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Comfort with ambiguity and navigating difficult conversations while displaying integrity and professional ethics.
- A passion for keeping our users safe while protecting free speech.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of domestic and international SMS legislation
- Conversance with Internet policy and regulatory environments like account takeovers and fraud detection
- Knowledge of BI tools such as Looker, BigQuery, or similar
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.