Trust Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Trade Specialist ensures all manual instructions from clients and automated instructions from the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC) are received in good order to allow for timely settlement.
The FIS Trust Operations department is looking for an Analyst, who will perform a variety of functions within Operations, using trust systems and other computer applications. The Analyst must communicate effectively with a variety of constituents, both internal and external, including Trust Administrators, investment managers, brokers, and clients.
What you will be doing:
This position performs analytical functions designed to meet the needs of a designated Trust Operations unit. This includes production support, exception processing, reconcilement duties, process enhancements and overall customer service. Production management support related to core unit processes and problem solving are core responsibilities. The analyst will identify, communicate, and escalate potential risk factors related to daily functions and/or responsibilities. The Trust analyst must communicate effectively with management, peers and clients and be a contributing team member.
- Analyzes issues/systems on an ongoing basis to determine when changes to practices are required.
- Recognizes abnormal processing conditions and determines appropriate actions required to resolve issue(s) and complete processing.
- Makes effective use of tools and resources, utilizes manuals, write-ups and other tools as an aid in solving problems; consults with other experienced analysts for ideas; contributes solutions and other useful information to the body of knowledge.
- Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve processing and/or user problems to meet service levels in a timely manner
- Communicates systems updates and/or process changes and trains internal customers (employees) on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Identifies new tools, technology or processes that improve the overall processing environment or processing efficiency.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Finance, General Business or Management AND 6 months experience in customer service or data analysis OR High School Diploma and minimum of 3 years securities related experience or 3 years of accounting or analytical experience in a financial services industry.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office equipment and tools as well as applications specific to trust systems/processes
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees & clients.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.