Transaction Monitoring Analyst (Remote) at Square
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.Job Description
The mission of the Transaction Monitoring team at Square is to perform ongoing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring and other ongoing reviews to meet our regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements. We monitor to ensure the safety and soundness of the Square system and maintain a healthy, compliant customer base.
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? Square is looking for someone who is an experienced and motivated professional to combat BSA/AML risk as part of the transaction monitoring compliance program.
- Monitor and act upon compliance-related alerts, including reviewing potentially suspicious activity and activity that violates Square's rules
- Use detective-like mentality to investigate and escalate potentially suspicious activity such as money laundering
- Verify merchant information as part of identity verification and conduct due diligence reviews for anti-money laundering purposes
- Work with Square customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Partner with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- Occasionally attend compliance-related seminars to stay informed about the compliance industry
- Communicate with customers through Client Relationship Management Systems (CRM) and email
- Experience in BSA/AML compliance or legal work with a financial institution or payment-focused company
- Passion for Square, and an interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- An operations mindset involving time-sensitive directives
- Experience communicating with and recognizing possible bad actors with a detective-like mentality
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.