Trading Analyst at Vonage (Remote)
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.Why this role matters
The Global SMS team, which sits within the Vonage API sales organisation, is responsible for driving the revenue and margin growth of the international messaging business. The team supports one of the fastest growing CPaaS companies in the market, directly managing our OTT and wholesale customer base, whilst working closely with our Carrier and Enterprise sales teams to develop and implement regional strategy plans.
As a high-growth team delivering over 100% growth in the last two years, expansion is needed to ensure continued success. We seek to recruit an experienced messaging operations analyst to join the team. This position plays a key role in supporting Vonage’s sms growth strategy, taking ownership for optimisation of the OTT and trading business, whilst delivering analysis and market intelligence to support key business decisions.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Quality and cost management - Routing optimisation, ensuring cost and quality delivery.
- Market Intelligence - Supporting our regional sales and pricing teams with market information, trends and opportunities.
- Alerts/Tickets - Working with internal or customers’ tickets and reacting to ad-hoc alerts by defining the problem, troubleshooting and providing solutions.
- Reporting - Creating and running reports for both monitoring daily KPIs and measuring long-term business growth performance.
- Analytics - Opportunity-hunting, traffic trending and tracking, to ensure growth and safeguard against churn. Working with large data sets to extract useful information for internal teams and/or customers.
- Testing - Running manual and automated quality tests when necessary
- Pricing - Management of trading pricing decks and building bespoke pricing plans for key partners and OTT customers.
- Key Account support - Troubleshooting as well as building tailored solutions for key accounts.
- A robust results driven mindset and dynamic approach.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to drive change
- A customer-driven focus and flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to collaborate across different teams in the organization.
- Creativity and ideas - continuously looking at how we can improve the business.
- Product knowledge - in depth understanding of the SMS A2P market.
- Passionate about delivering excellence.
- Self-starting and ability to self-manage.
- 3+ years experience in the SMS A2P market.
- Experience in an operational role supporting a trading/sales team.
- Hands on routing experience
- A love for data, strong reporting and forecasting skills
- Experience with Reporting, BI and data management tools such as Tableau, Kibana and SQL.
- Track record of over-achieving quota and KPIs.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.