Threat Detection Cloud Analyst, Principal Associate (Remote-Eligible)
Capital One's Cyber Organization is a fast-paced, dynamic environment committed to enabling and securing the business. In this role, you will be responsible for solving hard problems using cutting edge technology in the areas of engineering, alert development, and monitoring.
Capital One Cyber Threat Detection creates automated Threat Detections to secure Capital One's assets, critical applications and sensitive data. Our goal is to detect threats before they can cause harm to Capital One's enterprise, customers, or stakeholders. This position works closely with Cyber Operations and Intel teams to develop cybersecurity detections for both on-premise and Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) assets against external and internal threats. The detections that we build aid in monitoring and alerting for 24x7 response by the Cyber Security Operations Center. The successful candidate for this position will be part of an exciting and dynamic environment and will have an active role in building detections designed to defend Capital One brand, systems and data.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and how to distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Lead the construction of signatures/alerts which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools in response to new or observed threats within the network environment.
- Monitor external data sources (e.g., cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, Security Focus) to maintain currency of cyber defense threat conditions and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Provide thought leadership to implement best practices to detect malicious activity in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment.
- Collaborate with operation teams to build novel detections, establish repeatable processes, and drive automation for containment and remediation activities.
- Analyze and define data requirements and specifications for log ingestion and new security products.
- Coordinate and provide expert technical leadership to enterprise-wide cyber defense operators to resolve cyber defense incidents.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of adversary techniques and emerging threats that could adversely impact business activities.
- Demonstrate expertise in developing detection techniques directed against malicious activity with AWS environments including threats against critical AWS services and infrastructure (IAM, S3, Lambda)
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 4 years of experience in Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience working with Host and Network based intrusion detection and prevention systems
- At least 3 years of experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies (Securonix, ArcSight, LogRhythm, ELK, Splunk)
- At least 3 years of experience securing Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- 6+ years of experience working with network and operating system security concepts.
- 3+ years of experience with cyber use cases and content development within SIEM systems
- 3+ years of experience working with cyber threat intelligence and the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- 3+ years of experience working in the financial industry or similarly regulated environment.
- 3+ years of experience writing regular expressions.
- 3+ years of experience with software development.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries. Basic Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).