Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Terminology Analyst will be a key component of the terminology solutions department, which consists of a group of professionals with diverse backgrounds, such as clinicians, coders, and software engineers.
This position is ideal for college graduates with an organized approach to thinking. A love of words and language and/or word puzzles and word games would also provide an indicator that you could be a good fit for this position. The terminology analyst role helps define ways to normalize, enrich, organize, while creating and maintaining IMO’s knowledge content. The terminology analyst provides analysis, research, and resolution of data quality issues with regard to content released to IMO’s customers. This role serves as a non-clinical terminologist, supporting the design, development, maintenance, documentation and testing of terminology. This role collaborates with Coding specialists, Clinical terminologists, developers, and product management.
- Ensuring that all content released to our clients meets our high standards and expectations.
- Serves as a non-clinical SME to maintain curation of our clinical terminology content.
- Works very closely with Clinical Terminologists and Mapping Experts, as well as Software Engineers, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to establish and govern a controlled vocabulary
- Acquiring a working knowledge of IMO terminology solutions.
- Complete a broad range of clinically relevant steps to migrate customer term dictionaries to IMO terminology, including new term creation and extensive QA processes
- Writing, Running SQL or Python queries, and making modifications to existing queries as relates to database and developing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience in linguistics, life sciences, computer science, post-graduate education a strong plus
- Database and Coding (SQL, Python) experience
- Experience working in agile/scrum development process is a plus but not required.
- Ability to review and modify existing SQL queries and stored procedures a plus
- Detail oriented, process focused, and interested in training and outreach activities
- Course in anatomy or medical terminology helpful/ Interest and/or background in the life sciences a plus
- Strong search skills (via Google and other search engines)
- Love of words and language, enjoys word puzzles, word games, etc.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description