Do you have experience as a Business Analyst working with SQL/Databases and tools and enjoy working in a collaborative role to solve business problems? Identifying and resolving data requirements from analysts for Data Sourcing and Data Models? Working in a varied cross platform environment that includes Agile processes? Using Business Intelligence or Scripting tools and working with teams from applications developers to DevOps? Then you might be Fivesky's next Tech Business Data Analyst!
Who you are:
- A Business Analyst with strong Data Analysis skill.
- Good with working across different teams and platforms for gathering requirements and data as necessary.
- Experienced with Data Reporting.
- Are skilled with database concepts - Data Modeling, Data Structuring, Master Database and Governance and SQL Databases with a string background in Excel.
- Have an interest in and exposure to varied Data Center technologies - Unix, DevOps, and complex infrastructure.
- Are inherently curious and work well in a collaborative setting.
What you've done:
- Worked up to 5+ years in a Business Analyst or similar role, focusing on Data-related projects.
- Have experience working directly with data consumers to fulfill their needs.
- Have strong experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Utilize BI Tools (such as Tableau, Qlickview, and PowerBI).
- Strong data modeling experience.
- Have some knowledge of Unix environments.
- Have good interpersonal networking and collaboration skills, particularly with other teams.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Worked independently in a fast paced environment.
What you will do:
- As a Data Analyst, you will be working with business users, developers and other data analysts in analyzing and onboarding IT inventory data into the company’s official platform.
- You will be responsible for the collection of information and requirements from customers, as well as for data modeling, data wrangling, data onboarding and data analysis.
- You will also be responsible for providing data insights to customers and to drive data quality improvements.
- This will involve sourcing IT inventory and machine data (e.g. logs, alerts) in a timely manner.
- Storing the data in scalable repositories
- Providing analytics tools to analyze and derive insights from the data.
- Providing data access APIs so that other applications can consume the data and insights.
It would be awesome if you have experience:
- With Data Migrations.
- Handling Asset Management (with ServiceNow or another ticketing system).
- CMDB knowledge.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Alpharetta, GA. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.