Systems Analyst - Undergrad New College Grad - Multiple Locations - 2023 at Visa Inc, (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered across multiple locations.
- The candidate will demonstrate technology expertise and system knowledge to keep the system stable with zero impact to the business. Work with cross-functional co-located teams in design & development to enable higher productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing capability
- Will be responsible for programming a feature and or a feature set that will enhance our availability, resilience and Security. You will establish foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in the environment
- You will be primary in investigating root cause of severe incidents and problems and identify corrective actions
- You will support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities, will work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- You will meet the strict OLA and SLA commitments and work closely with the internal teams to identify opportunities to improve and optimize the systems
- The candidate will work as a technical expert to drive the issue bridges, provide fixes and follow the production best practices
- Will provide impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production environment, and ensure the success rate of changes planned in the environment
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Cybersecurity, Business or a related field, graduating January 2022 - August 2023
- We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, self-motivated and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver.
- Well-versed in CI/CD tooling
- Well-versed in Excel, PowerPoint
- Discuss, collaborate and promote architectural best practices across technology organization
- The ability to tackle challenges and address problems head-on
- Stay on top of the open source technology and be ready to learn/adopt new technology continuously
- Be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the track as we continue to push technology forward
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.