A System Analyst is part of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies business domain knowledge, system configuration and analysis, maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
The Nordstrom HR Technology team is looking for an experienced system analyst to support our Workday HR application. The System Analyst within HR Technology is responsible for the configuration of Workday software solutions; proposes, designs and implements solutions; has expertise across software delivery methodologies; working knowledge of analysis tools, techniques and methods readily shares information with peer SAs and has a deep understanding of system landscapes and data flows.
The SA will help identify risks, issues and dependencies along with mitigations and solution options; work in an operating model that employs Agile practices to effectively deliver technology solutions, enhancements and operational support ongoing; prepares materials and executes on knowledge transfer activities.
A day in the life...
- Performs analysis to inform solution options, design and build
- Defines and executes work and testing using agile practices
- Serves as key resource in coordinating software changes across internal and external teams, ensuring quality of software and acts as gatekeeper of change control
- Effectively communicates by articulating messages in a way that is easily understood and can adjust content and style to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Performs root cause analysis to quantify impact to inform permanent resolutions to application or business process issues
- Performs foundational maintenance and sustainment processes
- Creates and maintains documentation needed in support of system requirements, designs, test, functionality, etc.
You own this if you have...
- 2+ years professional experience in Workday HR software delivery and configuration
- Experience with HR Technology solutions within an ecommerce or retail environment preferred
- BA/BS degree or suitable work experience as an Analyst
- Understanding of software development principals and methodologies
- Understanding of how to query and structure data to assist with data driven decisions and troubleshooting
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams ranging from Engineering to Business and End Users
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.