System Analyst at System Soft Technologies (Dallas, TX)
Job Description – Systems Analyst
System Soft Technologies is a leading technology company that provides innovative technical solutions and consulting services to enhance innovation, business value, and competitiveness. For over 20 years, our focus on becoming a trusted partner to each client has allowed us to become a $170MM+ company with a pool of over 1300 associates who cover the full spectrum of IT expertise. We are distinguished by our ability to anticipate the unique needs of our clients and deliver a level of quality that far exceeds their expectations.
Why System Soft Technologies?
At System Soft Technologies, we are a family unit powered by diversity, inclusion, transparency, respect, integrity and passion for our clients and our people. Our business growth depends on your professional development, as we collaborate, share ideas and innovation, and invest in our future. By forging a meaningful partnership with our people, we come together with the same purpose, exceeding our goals. This keeps us nimble, ahead of the competition, and on top of our industry. Our continued success begins with you.
System Soft Technologies is seeking an innovative Systems Analyst with design thinking to play important role in Information System analysis, design, and delivery. You will deliver fully functional systems for our clients by collaborating with the clients, System Soft Technologies delivery team, project management team, third party product vendor team and account management team.
In this role, you will apply Requirement Gathering techniques, Systems Thinking skills, and Design Thinking skills to gather and analyze customer requirements, create requirement specifications and user stories, work closely with the Development team as a Product Owner through the development life cycle, and coordinate Quality Assurance and Delivery of the applications to clients of System Soft Technologies.
You will interact with project management to plan project schedules and functional direction. We will leverage you to capture requirements, serve as a product owner during application development, make sure the application meets specifications with the help of QA team, demo the application to the client team, and coordinate the delivery of the application to the client. The key objective will be to deliver on customer requirements in a timely fashion, within budget and meeting all the agreed upon quality goals.
- Requirements Gathering from client team
- Identifying non-functional requirements
- Converting the requirements to Use Cases and User Stories
- Coordinating with the client team for any clarifications needed for the application development team
- Coordinating with the application development team for providing them a clear understanding of the requirements and serve as a product owner throughout the development life cycle
- Work closely with the Design/Creative team and capture functionality in mock-ups/prototypes
- Working closely with the Senior Developer in developing a systems view of the requirements and appropriate data model for the application
- Working closely with the Project Scrum Master to establish the project schedules and delivery goals
- Working closely with the QA team to serve as a Product Owner and provide functional clarifications
- Perform User Acceptance Testing in a staging environment
- Demo the product to client team, capture the feedback and convert that into backlog for the dev team. Make sure this backlog is addressed in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the Scrum Master, Senior Developer(s) and Client Team to deliver the application(s) to UAT
- Make sure the UAT feedback is addressed as appropriate
- Make sure final product is delivered to the client on time, within budget and at acceptable quality levels
- Make sure the warranty support period passes off smoothly with any application issues identified addressed appropriately.
- Document Change Requests and submit for prioritization
- Prior experience with data modeling is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 6-8 years of experience working with information technologies and systems analysis.
- 2-3 years of client facing roles.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of systems architecture and analysis & design
- Proficiency with SCRUM, Jira, Confluence
- Proficiency in writing Use Cases, User Stories, and Test Cases
- Ability to create workflows
- Strong business planning skills
- Strong partnering skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with Data Modeling and databases.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with associates at all levels within the organization.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent listening skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and a self-starter.