Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations and revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. We are seeking a motivated and energetic analyst to support the growth of the analytics function of this team.
As a Strategy and Revenue Planning (SRP) Analyst, you’ll help lead strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp. In this role, you will apply a variety of analytical/reporting techniques to conduct deep dive analyses on revenue performance, user acquisition/churn, customer behavior, and business trends. You’ll partner with teams across the Strategy Office to integrate market research, customer feedback, product data, and cross functional roadmaps into your analyses. You’ll incorporate these insights into tangible pricing and growth initiatives, helping to shape Mailchimp’s strategic vision and 3-5 year growth plan.
What you'll do here:
- Understand both quantitative and qualitative research and trends related to the business and actively leverage those insights to help teams make data-informed decisions
- Develop, maintain, and automate reporting (e.g., Tableau & Looker dashboards, visualizations) on revenue impact and KPIs of cross-functional initiatives (e.g., revenue growth, upsell rates, cross sell rates, etc.)
- Continuously improve reporting and facilitate insight generation (i.e., highlighting and decomposing trends and drilling down to identify underlying drivers)
- Develop narratives and recommendations from analyses, build presentations, and present findings to business stakeholders
- Using a combination of SQL and Excel, conduct revenue and pricing analyses to define new product pricing, promotional strategies, and calculate impacts of pricing changes
- Quantify customer churn, identify churn mitigation opportunities, and advise cross functional initiatives on implementation
- Synthesize inputs from multiple sources and stakeholders as part of the end-to-end strategic planning process (target setting, idea creation, debate, planning, resource allocation, accountability)
- Using Excel or Google Sheets, develop analytical models to project future growth and track progress of ongoing initiatives
- Using Excel or Google Sheets, develop financial models and valuation analyses for potential new products and acquisition opportunities, integrating financial targets with usage metrics to create benchmarks for success
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and creating actionable insights
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with with financial modeling and MS Excel
- Expertise in SQL and data visualization tools, e.g. Looker and Tableau
- Experience in a revenue management role, finance, analytics, or management consulting role is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business, analytics, or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $77,000 to $92,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.