Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
Analytics Platform is on a mission to democratize learning by building systems that enable company-wide analytics and experimentation. By implementing sufficient instrumentation and designing intuitive data models, we will allow for mechanical investigation of the business. By developing self-serve tools for reporting, we will empower non-technical stakeholders to understand performance at a glance. Finally, by building new capabilities for forecasting and alerting, we will enable more, better, and faster decisions.
As one of the founding members of our Analytics Platform team, you will have the autonomy to help shape our future by architecting middleware instrumentation to provide broad coverage of all events generated by our customers, operators, and systems and designing accessible data models to create visibility and auditability.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Have a wide scope of impact across Engineering, Data Science, and Product organizations with executive-level visibility
- Design technical architecture from the ground up as we transition to event-based analytics
- Work on the unique challenge of joining a variety of online and offline data sets, not just big data
- Help scale the team from 0 to 5+ and establish best practices
- Grow into a Tech Lead or Manager
In this role you will:
- Partner with infrastructure and product engineers to instrument our backend services and end-to-end user journeys to create visibility for the rest of the business
- Develop and monitor data pipelines and build out new integrations with third-party tools
- Work with data scientists to design our data models as inputs to metrics and machine learning models
- Have the autonomy to help shape the future of data engineering by establishing best practices
- Architect a company-wide analytics platform to inform daily decision-making
We are looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong programming skills, preferably in PythonFamiliarity with software design principles, including test-driven development
- 6+ years of experience working with instrumentation, data pipelines, and data warehouses, preferably acting as a data architect in a previous role
- Proficiency with systems design and data modeling
- Fluency with workflow management tools, like Airflow or dbt
- Experience with modern data warehouses, like Snowflake or BigQuery
- Ability to understand the needs of stakeholders, define business requirements, and architect systems that will scale and extend to accommodate them over time
- History of independently leading cross-functional projects and prioritizing work based on business impact
- Expertise breaking down complex problems, documenting solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description