GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We are growing quickly and are searching for an Enterprise Data Warehouse Administrator to act as a creative contributor, leader, and mentor to our data analysis and scalability processes. You will use your experience and expertise to provide key insights that help us make data-driven decisions. Analytical thinking drives our business and when you join our team, you will not only solve new problems every day, but you’ll see your data solutions immediately improve our users’ experience. If you thrive off analytical thinking and working with data, then we know you will love it here!
The Administrator will ensure that the Business Unit’s computing and storage environment, serving both internal employees and external customers, is built and maintained to provide a high level of availability. The candidate will work “hands on” and closely with several people in a very collaborative manner. The candidate should be independent, proactive, motivated, organized, extremely flexible, and work well within fast-paced groups. This position will be part of the data team and will be expected to learn basic knowledge of other applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides release management support for databases and related applications.
- Ensures security and maintenance of databases.
- Manage and monitor user access to the databases.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Maintains schema and objects.
- Database problem diagnostics and resolution.
- Familiar with SDLC and Release Management.
- Provide proactive administration of Data Warehouse platforms such as Redshift/Snowflake/BigQuery, leveraging your technical expertise in all aspects of the data platform.
- Monitoring health, tuning, and growth of such on cloud data warehouse instances.
- Performance and utilization optimization of the platform.
- Provide infrastructure guidance on the platform capabilities to accommodate business/technical use cases.
- Automate and manage provisioning needs, such as storage and compute, Role Based Access Control model and permissions.
- Configure and manage monitoring/alerting around replication latency, performance (cluster & query) and Looker/Airflow.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting.
- Interact with cross-functional teams, project managers and agile teams to estimate development efforts and ensure complete delivery of solutions and fulfilling requirements.
- Knowledge about how to take data from disparate sources and discover, transform, manage, aggregate, catalog and deliver data to be used in reports and analytics repositories.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, statistics, engineering, math, economics, computer science, information technology or related discipline
- 6+ years of hands-on experience building and maintaining secure cloud solutions.
- Proven experience with any one of the Redshift/Snowflake/BigQuery technologies.
- Hands on experience on Data Warehouse Architecture - Warehouse sizing, data structures, Role-based access control.
- Hands on experience on SQL and performance optimization.
- Understand agile and DevOps concepts.
- Work experience as a data engineer or in a related field, 5+ years preferred.
- Experience designing highly scalable ELT/ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring.
- Data curation tasks using any Data Management tools is good to have.
Nice to have:
- Design, develop, automate, monitor, maintain and performance tune ELT/ETL to manage high volume data transfer to and from internal and external systems with extensive experience using ETL/ELT tools and techniques such as Streaming, EMR, pySpark, Looker, Sagemaker etc.
- Proficient understanding and deploy CI/CD enabled pipelines and adapt best practices using tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.