We are building the world's largest in-home care system.
Healthcare is rapidly moving into the home, creating an enormous market opportunity that’s growing daily as consumers increasingly demand more convenient healthcare options.
Technology is the engine that powers our foundation. It ensures we can reach massive scale and drives differentiation from any other healthcare company entering this space. We’re using data to ensure patient safety and tailor the care to patients’ specific needs which allows for better care delivery from patient onboarding, patient care, and post care follow-up.
DispatchHealth is a Series D startup with more than $400m in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re backed by Oak, Tiger Global, Alta Partners, Optum Ventures, Questa Capital, ad EchoHealth Ventures.
We’re a remote first org and our engineering team is spread out across the US, Mexico, and Ukraine. Our culture is focused on impact, accountability, and collaboration.
As a team, we share the goal of driving the company forward and transforming healthcare through the technology we build. We believe the only way we can accomplish our goal is together, and that our whole is greater than the sum of our parts. We collaborate closely across every function because we recognize that no individual function can solve the whole problem as well as we can when we all work together.
With our teammates spread out across different cities, we actively support each other and cultivate an environment where everyone is comfortable sharing ideas regardless of seniority or function, and where the best ideas consistently win. We know the positive feeling we get when we feel heard, and we reciprocate that deep engagement with others when they’re talking or presenting so that we gain alignment and promote our collective actions.
Come join us on the journey to transform healthcare!
As a Staff Data Scientist at DispatchHealth, you will work cross-functionally to research, develop, and implement robust data science solutions to solve critical business problems. In addition, you will work directly with the product, engineering, data engineering and clinical teams to facilitate the implementation of algorithms, measure performance against key performance indicators, and drive a process of continuous improvement using data.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Entrepreneurial attitude, capitalizing on opportunities to improve organizational systems while embracing detail-oriented work
- Strong interpersonal skills, having the ability to collaborate with and challenge assumptions from managers at all levels of the company while maintaining high ethical standards
- Proficiency at building, testing and deploying models using Python, SQL and associated tools, including the ability to design and present summaries that convey critical information in formats that are easy to comprehend
- Adept at managing large quantities of data from disparate data sources and creating usable, repeatable features.
- Passion for mentoring and guiding more junior data science team members
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and supervision to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks; maintain flexibility and composure with competing and changing priorities
Education and Experience:
- Degree in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or similar). Advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis using SQL, Python and related ML frameworks (e.g. Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow, SparkML)
- 6+ years of experience with statistical methods such as forecasting, hypothesis testing, classification, regression and clustering
- 4+ years of experience developing production ready data pipelines and deployed machine learning models
- Experience gathering data science requirements, documenting an analytics plan, executing against timelines, and communicating with stakeholders
- Experience with REST API’s as a model deployment architecture
- Prior experience with healthcare data helpful but not essential
Reporting to Dan Edstrom, Vice President of Data Science and Data Engineering
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- Frank Burkholder
- Anne Morrow
- Manu Sabherwal
- Tarun Narasimhan
- Health insurance coverage
- Mental health benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Career ladders and bi-annual performance review
Location: Remote, USA
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $190,000 - $220,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. Other locations may pay more based on appropriate locality adjustments.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family and short-term disability leave.
To see our Employee Privacy Notice, please see here: https://www.dispatchhealth.com/employee-privacy-notice/