Join the team as our next Staff, Data EngineerWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Data Engineer to be a key member of the Data and Analytics Platforms organization. You will be joining an existing team of engineers based in Dublin, Ireland. You will design and build data platforms and services, while managing our data infrastructure in cloud environments that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. You will partner with other engineers and product managers to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement scalable data platforms and self service tools.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems using engineering and data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude, and delights in making a difference. As a successful candidate, you will have some background in data engineering and a record of solving data problems at scale leveraging distributed data systems. You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, and can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with other engineers on building and implementing new data systems
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (analysts, scientists, engineers) on building data solutions based on requirements
- Design, develop and maintain scalable data pipelines to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
- Write unit/integration tests, contribute to engineering wiki, and document work
- Perform data analysis required to solve data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ year of data engineering experience in a fast paced company that delivers software
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Hands on experience with at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java, other), SQL, and the desire to learn new ones if required
- Understanding of distributed systems used in the world of data (Kafka, Spark, Hive, Presto, Hadoop etc.)
- Understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of engineering best practices and design principles
- Experience working in agile environment and iterative development
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the modern data stack and cloud services
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Welcome to work remotely within the Czech Republic
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]