Staff Data Engineer - Cloud Analytics at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
- As a Cloud Analytics Data Engineer, FinOps, you will be an integral member of our Artificial Intelligence & Analytics team responsible for design and development
- Responsible for making an impact by providing visibility to cloud expenditures and help in driving cost optimizations
- Help build the technical foundations of our cloud analytics team
- Be constantly challenged by tough engineering and design tasks
- Supports Big Data batch/real time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies
- Enable data level security features to secure the data
- Build scalable solution to support the dynamic cloud environment financials
- Partner with data analysts, product owners to better understand requirements, finding bottlenecks, resolutions, etc.
- Design and develop different architectural models for our scalable data processing and create certified datasets
- University degree (BS/MS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- SPARK programming with one language preferably python is must
- Experience in data engineering building data models leveraging data sources from cloud billing with product telemetry is a plus
- Knowledge on Visualization tools like Tableau is a plus
- 8+ years of experience with the Data Engineering experience in multi cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure. etc..)
- Understanding of Cloud services in cloud environment is a must
- Understanding of cloud billing & Experience in managing cloud financials is a plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL (MySQL, Big Query),, data structure and algorithms is must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams between Finance, Product is a plus
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $130,000/yr - $191,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.