Staff Data Analyst at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for an energetic, curious, analytical and result-oriented data analyst to lead Business Intelligence transformation programs that enable business outcomes like Incremental Revenue, Reduced Down-sell, Increased Renewals, etc. Our explosive growth provides a fast-paced work environment requiring thought leadership, agility and creative ways of using enterprise data for a business charging towards $10B in revenue in the near future. This position will report into a Product Manager or Director in the Analytics/BI team. The role provides cross-functional collaboration opportunities with one or more of the Product BUs, Product Success, Customer Success, Research & Insights, Data Science, Sales, Marketing and/or Finance teams, and the opportunity to drive analysis/ insights projects end to end.
What you need to be successful in this role
· Technical chops: Demonstrated ability to learn and excel at the use of data querying, data mining and data analysis tools and methods. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with stakeholders to identify business hypotheses, identify and prepare datasets spanning multiple functional groups, perform EDA, develop dashboards/ visualization, develop working statistical/ spreadsheet models, all leading to proving/disproving hypotheses.
· Versatility: Working across team lines and having the ability to connect the dots across functional lines is critical to success. The ideal candidate should be able to work on a quick hour-long analysis exercise to a more elaborate multi-week project. The ability to navigate ambiguous, unstated/latent business problems, and a constant endeavor to reinvent oneself will be critical to success.
· Juggler par-excellence: multi-tasking is imbibed in the DNA of our operations. The candidate should be able to manage a diverse set of responsibilities from analytics product/project delivery, enabling run-the-business (RTB) decision making and a rapidly evolving business landscape. Orchestrating the plays while maintaining poise, upfront communication of timeline changes, delivery slippages and anticipating unstated needs and impediments is key to ensuring smooth business operations
· Product Thinking: In this role, you will need to lead with end-user thinking, keep the long-term strategic objectives in mind and the customers and end-users at the core of all analytics product development. Collaborating across functional lines will be critical to individual and organizational success.Qualifications
· 8+ years of quantitative research/ data analysis/ insights experience resulting in product enhancements, and in measurable revenue, customer satisfaction, efficiency improvements.
· 5+ years’ experience using query languages like SQL, MySQL, Python for analysis, reporting is a must
· Experience with SAP HANA is optional, but preferred
· Proficiency in navigating complex and sometime ambiguous business scenarios
· Ability to work on and deliver projects independently through tight timelines, with some guidance from project lead(s)
· Ability to summarize analysis findings in well-structured presentations using tools like MS PowerPoint
· Demonstrated experience analyzing data from multiple sources using tools like MS Excel/ Access, Tableau, etc.
· Prior hands-on experience with BI tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, OBIEE, etc and experience in evaluating and selecting the optimum tool on a use case basis
· Strong appetite for carrying out data intensive discovery and assumes pride in high degree of accuracy when delivering analytics products
· Bachelors in any Quantitative or Applied Quantitative field is desiredAdditional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.