Staff Data Analyst - Site Reliability Engineering at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The SRE team is a group of highly technical engineers tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability, and performance of the ServiceNow infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from hardware to application and all stops in between. They are also tasked with moving forward the operability of the platform to drive down the number of incidents and reduce MTTR.
The team combines software development, networking, and systems engineering expertise with a strong desire to be challenged by scale and complexity problems and make services better for our customers.
As a Staff Data Analyst, you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain the analyses, reports, and dashboards needed to support and continually improve the SRE
- Work with disparate, often complex, data sets to perform analyses and communicate findings and recommendations to the SRE leadership team
- Identify, develop, and deploy metrics to support operations and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Champion the adoption of data analytics as a key component of process, technology, and resource management
- Play a keep role in the development and ongoing improvement of the SRE Data Analytics program
If these are the kinds of challenges that make you excited to go to work, go ahead, hit the Apply button, and let's chat about your skills and experiences.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- At least eight years of experience in Business Information or Data Analytics, preferably in a SaaS or PaaS company
- Demonstrated expertise in databases and SQL
- Demonstrated expertise in Excel and Power BI
- Demonstrated expertise in ServiceNow reporting and dashboarding
- ServiceNow System Administrator or equivalents a plus
- Strong critical thinking and mathematical skills, including a fundamental understanding of statistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on presenting complex data in an understandable manner
- Driven to use data to improve business processes and outcomes
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550 , or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.