Sr Technology Strategist - Data Science at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
The S&T team is also responsible to establish and lead transformation programs, mergers and acquisitions, and enterprise level technology changes to simplify and streamline delivery and support of technology services, maintain a strong security and compliance posture, support innovation at speed across Business Segments, and increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of services provided by Enterprise Technology for TWDC enterprise.
The team consists of three functional areas:
Business Technology Strategy - Responsible for establishing strong partnerships with and deep knowledge of the Business Segments and becoming a "trusted advisor" for technology strategies, plans and services. The BTS team will be responsible for ensuring the integrated roadmaps created in partnership with value chain managers and Enterprise Technology teams meets both business and technology priorities and goals and drives to the jointly developed future state vision.
Value Chain Strategies and Roadmaps - Responsible for development and implementation of technology strategies and roadmaps developed in partnership with Corporate Functions and Enterprise Technology teams. The Corporate Technology Strategy and Enterprise Technology Strategy teams will ensure the roadmaps developed provide the right set of common services with the appropriate quality, cost, security, business continuity and compliance levels that can be leveraged across the enterprise for maximum value and efficiency.
Transformation Programs - Responsible to lead transformation programs and initiatives across TWDC enterprise. The Transformation Program team will facilitate definition of program objectives and initiatives required to meet program objectives working across business and technology leadership teams. The team will facilitate initiation and feasibility phases for transformation programs prioritized for investment and establish appropriate program office resourcing to provide oversight and governance for successful delivery and value realization. The TPO will provide a comprehensive view (milestones, cost, risks/issues, status) of all transformation programs, business and technology, supported by Enterprise Technology.
The Corporate Technology Strategy team plays a crucial role in enabling the technologies of the future for the company. We accomplish this by building industry expertise in commercial platforms and solutions, partnering with the Corporate Functions and Business Segments to understand future business capabilities needed to efficiently support the Business, and facilitating the prioritization, planning and funding alignment of initiatives that deliver the future state technology solutions and maximize value realization.
This role will build and develop the enterprise data strategy, vision and roadmap for data science and analytics. The position partners with the Enterprise Technology teams and Business Technology Strategists to determine current and future state data requirements needed to support the Business effectively and efficiently.
Responsibilities for the Sr. Technology Strategist include:
- Define, implement, and enhance the Global data science and analytics strategy and related roadmaps while providing operational oversight of the Global Data Science Program and the related data capabilities (data governance, metadata, business intelligence and analytics and underlying infrastructure) in alignment with the Global Data Strategy
- Defines and develops enterprise-wide data science and analytics governance strategies, management practices, standards, processes, and metrics
- Lead the improvement of data science stewardship and data quality
- Support and deliver data science platforms and strategy to ensure data is used to create competitive advantage
- Continue to evolve the technology strategy on analytics, leveraging AI and ML technologies as applicable
- Partner with business units and corporate functions to understand needs and translate to data science technology solutions
- Act as an innovation and thought leader in the data science, analytics and insights solutions space for the technology enterprise
- Present to and build relationships with senior level executives and other industry executives to both promote the team's value and establish a position of trust, fostering continued collaboration with members
- Steward of data as a strategic business asset, revenue driver and source of risk mitigation for the firm
Basic Qualifications :
As required and as the primary workload permits, participate in Transformation programs as a Program Lead for specific strategic initiatives. In summary, the responsibilities are:
- Lead Enterprise Technology Transformation initiatives to deliver future state vision and value realization
- Build the complete program roadmap and plan, and execute against it with clear milestones, deliverables, role accountability, budget, communication and tracking of risks and escalations.
- Define and assemble the necessary resources and stakeholders to drive the required outcomes outlined in the Transformation initiative.
- Develop and implement Enterprise Transformation scorecard to track initiative health, schedule, issues/risks and value realization for executive level reporting
- Manage, evolve, and participate in the process by which funding decisions on programs and projects are made in line with strategy and roadmap plans.
- Schedule and lead regular project meetings from kick-off to wrap up
- Act as the liaison and manage communications between internal learning team and external partners
- Define, build and track key performance metrics to measure success and identify and iterate on opportunities for optimization
- 5+ years of large enterprise experience developing, deploying, and maintaining data science portfolios for technology.
- 5+ years of experience designing, modeling, developing, and implementing enterprise level data stores to be used by data science teams in both applications partnering with the data warehouse platform team.
- 5+ years of experience defining and managing data visualizations using tools and industry standard practices.
- Experience with leading data concepts (Big data, analytics, IoT/Edge analytics, cloud data stores etc.)
- Experience in developing, transforming, and delivering data science strategies to enable big data, analytic and business intelligence capabilities, including self-service capabilities; ability to act as a data science evangelist and advocate; Skills should include data strategy, big data, business intelligence and analytics, vendor management
- Experience in cloud data capabilities such as data as a services and associated transformation to drive speed to insight and lower total cost of ownership, including establishing and deploying operational processes and controls
- Experience in large, distributed business environments preferred
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- Execution-oriented, and able to complete tasks independently
- Experience with building a complete program roadmap and plan, and executing with clear milestones, deliverables, role accountability, budget, communication and tracking of risks and escalations.
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Strong passion for technology and staying abreast of industry trends
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working "in the gray" while defining the way forward.
Required Education :
BS Comp Science/ related technology area or equivalent work experience
Additional Information :