The Enterprise Application & Data Platform Operations group is part of the End User Technical Operations (EUTO) organization. We are responsible for excellence in operating business systems and processes in support of the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automaton.
This role is in the Data Platform and Integration Team. We are responsible to provide day to day management and oversight of the technologies / services supporting numerous data & integration platforms across the Enterprise. The team is also responsible for data analytics domains including financial, HCM, Legal, Tax, and Intellectual Property. There are 4 distinct areas within the group, Master Data Maintenance (MDM), Data Integration, Data Warehouse, and Data Lakes on cloud-based and on-prem platforms.
We look to add team members who are focused on delivery, passionate about customer service, make data-driven decisions, are life-long learners, and prefer to work in a high-tempo, problem-solving work environment.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, strong relationships skills, application development expertise and the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally.
Specifically, this role will work with technology partners, users and business stakeholders to provide MDM solutions and Services for Disney's Character, Title, Product, Licensee, and Reference Master Data.
The Sr. System Support Engineer will provide day to day leadership and oversight of the technologies / services supporting end to end solutions for Master Data Management: Data ingestion, cleansing, mastering, publishing, and reporting.
These technologies include:
- SAP HANA Sidecar (TORCH)
- Informatica ETL
- Informatica MDM
- EDH (Google PubSub)
- HANA XSJS
- JAVA Scripts/JQUERY
- Deep Technical expertise in the respective application platform/service
- Experience participating in the full range of development activities (including but not limited to: code deployment, load/performance testing, integration testing)
- Participation in formal change management processes
- Experience working within an agile framework
- Business acumen, with deep expertise in the allocated domain(s) as well as strong skills in the technology that supports the domain(s)
- Very detail oriented
- High emotional intelligence
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Experience with application monitoring technologies; New Relic, DataDog, Synthetic Transactions
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Exemplary communications skills
- Current understanding of new/emerging technology and its application in business
- Participate in on-call schedule or rotations (where applicable)
Basic Qualifications :
- 5-7 years across Data Warehousing, Data Integration and/or MDM technologies
- 1 year of SAP HANA, HANA XSJS
- 3-5 year of UX development
- 3-5 years in IT operational/production support environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
- 5-7 years of Informatica PowerCenter, MDM, and Data Quality
- 5-7 years in Data Platforms: DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL
- 3-5 year of UX development in Java, JQuery, Angular
- Agile Development Methodology
- Data Domains knowledge: Product, Reference
- Demonstrated strong stakeholder communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Pubsub
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence without authority
- Master Degree or equivalent work experience
- PMI, Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years working within a large, multi-supplier, global IT environment
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
Preferred Education :
- PMI, Certified Scrum Master
- Advanced technical certifications relevant to the post are preferred
Additional Information :