Sr. Solution Architect - Data Platform at Alliant Credit Union (Northwest Suburbs)
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing the organization's enterprise data platform and architecture. This position will act as a technical architect for the Alliant Managed Data Environments including data lake, data warehouse and business intelligence enterprise strategy. It requires deep technical expertise in data architecture, database design, ETL processes, business reporting/analytics, big data, and cloud. Work involves in-depth analysis of multiple highly complex projects concurrently while setting the data strategy for the enterprise. Direction is received from the Director Data Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with business users, department managers, technology leaders, and other key stakeholders.
- Work concurrently with the Data Governance team and Committee for governing the identification, collection and use of corporate metadata while ensuring accuracy and validity.
- Plan information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience.
- Architect complex data models, ETL processes, data warehouse applications and business intelligence (BI) reports through the use of best practices and industry leading tools. Deliver high quality data architecture related outcomes including ETL processes, data lake/warehouse designs and data system enhancements.
- Create and maintain dataflow diagrams for strategic Alliant systems in alignment with business process flows.
- Enhance data services team by leading through delivery of easy-to-support and robust solutions;
- A mentor and peer to experienced team members; knowledge sharing and teaching through strong collaboration.
- Participate in collaborating with end users on data and reporting requirements, business objectives, and data analytics needs.
- Identify user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
- Develops logical and physical database models.
- Develop technical design documents and mapping specifications.
- Transform business requirements into environment specific ETL and data validation designs.
- Participate in strategy, development and business presentations.
- Lead collaboration efforts in the administration of the Enterprise Data Lake/Warehouse including security, scheduling and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with Manager of Data Services who is responsible for execution and support of enterprise data warehouse programs.
- Address data related problems in regards to systems architecture, integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Provide insight of data architecture, Data Lake, ETL, BI, technology evaluation and selection.
- Provide architectural support to cloud migration and take cloud data platform ownership Evaluates and makes hardware recommendations, sizing, and configuration for development systems or additional data warehouse sourcing platforms.
- Document the architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Implement information architecture by preparing designs, and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements documenting structure and processes.
- Resolve routine data architecture related issues with business analysts and technology teams by providing advice on data warehousing methods and approaches.
- Analyze data architecture related business needs, works with project staff to make decisions and recommendations on the future of data architecture developments.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably Computer Science or Information Technology required. Prior experience from Financial Services industry a plus, and you have:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in architecting large scale data warehouses required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Hadoop (Cloudera), Tableau and Informatica PowerCenter strongly desired.
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to business problems and work well within a team environment.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication, and inter-personal skills are a must.
- Strong diagnostic, testing, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to present both high level vision and detail designs are essential to this position.
- Required technical skills include expert data modeling skills, experience with Operational Data Stores, Data Lake, ETL processes, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts. Strong knowledge of SQL Server, Database Management System, SAP Business Objects (BI), and Informatica Suite of Tools.
- Strong background and competency required in enterprise data architecture and data modeling. Data Management certifications a plus.
- Candidate must have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and without direct supervision. Must be an individual that is highly self-motivated and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment working efficiently both as a member of a team as well as individually. Candidate must be enthusiastic, team-oriented and positive attitude.
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off