Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Demand Planning team builds models and simulations to make operational and commercial decisions. We are building out a simulation platform to enable us to take a data-driven approach to solving complex problems at scale. The areas we currently focus on are Demand Execution, Forecasting, Decision Support and Optimization.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join this team. Your time will be split between developing the existing Demand Planning model in Alteryx Designer and building our simulation platform. This is a high-impact role that means your output will influence business decisions at Rivian from day one.
- Contribute to the development of the current Demand Planning model in Alteryx Designer, adding new features in both Alteryx and Python in response to business needs.
- Build, train and evaluate proof-of-concept models in Python (numpy, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow, etc.)
- Contribute to the model’s CI pipeline including the automated test suite (Gitlab).
- Build data pipelines to improve how the model interacts with Rivian’s Data Lake.
- Use your insights to help define, architect and build Rivian’s future Demand Planning simulation platform.
- Communicate your findings with our product managers, partners and senior management.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building models and running simulations in an enterprise setting.
- Software development experience in Python, Java or C/C++
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right programming language, data structures and algorithms to the problem.
- Experience building models with Alteryx Designer.
- Experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, SageMaker in particular).
- Dedicated to building models with the care they deserve, with a structured approach that includes automated testing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment rolling out new features on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, Master’s a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.