PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Services Insights Analyst
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is looking for a detail-oriented, highly motivated Senior Services Insights Analyst to join our PlayStation Services (PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now) team. This role sits within the Content and Strategy team within Services, which is responsible for monthly content planning and the future business strategy for Services. This is within the Global Sales and Business Operations organization that manages the subscription businesses for PlayStation, a key revenue generator and innovator for Sony Interactive Entertainment.
This role is responsible for insightful and actionable analytics support of our subscription services from a content and strategy standpoint. The role will be critical in crafting custom and recurring reporting, forecasting services content engagement, and delivering analytical insights on the performance of content and business propositions. The work will support the strategic direction of the Services, including analysis that guides the development of new business initiatives and growth of existing ones. Effective verbal and written communication skills are very important, as s/he will collaborate with key partners across a global organization.
- Conduct detailed and sophisticated analyses of new and existing businesses covering a variety of areas including subscriber behavioral analysis, title forecasting, ROI analysis, revenue optimization, and content performance
- Provide expertise on subscription business KPIs, finding opportunities to drive both content engagement and subscription sales with a data-driven approach.
- Create and run reports using data visualization tools to present accurate and clear insights and recommendations
- Thoroughly understand and leverage various external and internal data sources, including commercial, behavioral, and consumer data
- Partner closely with stakeholders within GSBO and other teams to understand and deliver business insights using data
- Collaborate with data teams across SIE to understand and utilize available tools and resources while contributing learnings and business area expertise to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or equivalent
- 4+ years in a digital entertainment space, in an analytics function
- Proficient at translating ambiguous business requirements into meaningful analytical insights from start to finish
- Strong technical proficiencies with SQL, Tableau, and spreadsheet applications (Excel, Google sheets, etc.)
- Highly skilled at data modeling and developing data sets
- Proven experience creating data visualizations and reports to surface actionable insights
- Keen attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality analytical work
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners across different teams and levels
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced business environment
- Ability to work varying hours as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Interest in the gaming industry
- Experience with Python and Airflow (for scripting and automation)
- Knowledge of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Prior experience with subscription businesses preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.