Sr Mgr-Digital Analytics at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
Consumer Insight, Measurement and Analytics (CIMA) is the analytical arm of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts segment. Through our awarding-winning websites, we provide a digital portal to magical travel destinations such as the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, the Disneyland Resort in California, and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. At WDPRO, we also have designed and created websites for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, and Disney Vacation Club.
We use data to maximize the magic in Guest trips to the greatest vacation destinations in the world, including the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, the Disneyland Resort in California, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, and the Shanghai Disneyland Resort. We also support businesses such as for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, and Disney Vacation Club.
Within CIMA, the Digital Analytics team is focused on leveraging web analytics best practices to capture, analyze and optimize our website to drive Guest satisfaction and business outcomes.
The Sr. Manager, Digital Analytics must be an innovative problem solver with a passion to developing and growing a team. He/she must be able to inspire others and have a desire for continuous learning in the dynamic space of Digital Analytics.
The position reports to the Vice President, Digital Analytics and Travel Operations with multiple direct reports.
What you will do:
The Sr. Manager, Digital Analytics key responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Lead a team of resources within the digital analytics team focused on web.
- Provide insight from site data and communicate opportunities or issues.
- Ensure that website tracking is accurate by working with implementation specialists.
- Support business unit teams, product management group and other teams with ad-hoc reporting and in-depth website analysis.
- Recommend optimization tactics to improve site performance continuously
- Manage the compilation and dissemination of regular (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) reports on performance of the web channel.
- Solicit and collect commentary from product groups.
- Seek opportunities to improve the report processes, data collection, delivery methods, and value.
- Answer requests for success metrics and act as Metrics manager.
- Exercise judgment and interpretation of requests to deliver the appropriate metric with the necessary context.
- Provide guidance and support to casual users/ consumers of the metrics.
- Guide data requirements by working with other data management, analytic, technology and business groups within the enterprise to ensure that the data needed is available for analysis.
What you will need:
The Sr. Manager, Digital Analytics required qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years+ web analytics experience.
- Experience in actionable analytics and optimization.
- Ability to derive and present insights from data.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced experience in communicating with senior managers and executives.
- Experience in strategic marketing and planning.
- Deep understanding of segmentation and targeting.
- Must be able to manage time effectively within a very complex environment.
- Ability to lead and develop team of several people.
- Deep knowledge of statistical practices and capabilities
- Deep knowledge of big data practices such as Amazon Web Services, Google Big Query and similar applications
- Technical understanding of how digital analytics and tag management solutions are deployed
- Knowledge of web analytics and tag management solutions and differences between providers (ex: Adobe, Google, Tealium, Ensighten, etc.)
- Knowledge of Customer Data Platforms
- Experience developing reporting and advancing data visualization capabilities with new or existing tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, DataStudio, Qlik, TIBCO/Spotfire, etc.)
What will set you apart:
The Manager, Digital Analytics preferred qualifications include:
- MBA or equivalent work experience.
- Travel Industry and ecommerce experience.
- Understanding of direct marketing and personalization.
- Experience with business intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of statistical testing methodology.
- Experience in monetizing actions such as insights delivered.
- Conversational ability in Mandarin or French is an asset.
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field - e.g. Marketing, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, etc.