Sr. Manager Data Science, Credit Risk Management Model Infrastructure Team at Capital One (Washington DC)
Sr. Manager Data Science, Credit Risk Management Model Infrastructure Team
Data is at the center of everything we do. As a startup, we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
In Capital One's Consumer Credit Risk Management Modeling & Data Team, we use multiple cloud-based open-sourced technologies to develop econometric and machine learning models and analytics to predict and generate insight into Capital One's risk and capital needs.
As a Sr. Data Science Manager in the Consumer Credit Risk Management Team, you'll be part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in distributed computing technologies to build and deploy models and analytical solutions leveraging new data sources to provide powerful insights about our business.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, quantitative analysts, software engineers, and product managers to manage the risk and uncertainty inherent in statistical models in order to lead Capital One to the best decisions, not just avoid the worst ones
- Leverage a broad stack of technologies - Python, R, Conda, AWS, Dask, Spark, and more - help uncover new trends and improve analysis
- Lead and mentor a team of data scientists to deepen their understanding and use of cutting edge data science and machine learning methods
- Implementand productionize models (regression models, machine learning models etc.) in Cloud based platforms to enable efficient and accurate model inference
- Productionize highly scalable data pipelines for faster feature changes and updates, and implementing data validation framework and quality tests
- Develop visualization tools to streamline model monitoring reports
- Investigate new technology to advance data management, model development and deployment and drive change in enterprise ML products
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions and pushing hard to find answers. You're not afraid to share a new idea.
- A leader. You challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo. You're passionate about talent development for your own team and beyond.
- Technical. You're comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- A data guru. "Big data" doesn't phase you. You have the skills to retrieve, combine, and analyze data from a variety of sources and structures. You know understanding the data is often the key to great data science.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 7 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree plus 5 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD plus 2 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 3 years' experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 3 years' experience with machine learning
- At least 3 years' experience with relational databases
- PhD in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 4 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 2 year of experience managing people
- At least 5 years' experience in Python, Scala, Dask, Spark or R for large scale data analysis
- At least 5 years' experience with machine learning
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No Agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).