For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Senior Manager Ambulatory Analytics plays a pivotal role in connecting operational and executive leadership with timely, accurate, and comprehensive insights to the financial health of the end-to-end revenue cycle. Acting as the 'voice of data' in the team, this role identifies the most impactful areas for improvement, supports operational excellence projects, and reports on end performance. This role sits at the interface between revenue cycle operations and analytics where you will combine technical analysis, statistics, and knowledge ambulatory healthcare operations to help drive significant revenue impacts. In this highly visible role you will act as an authoritative aggregator and disseminator of information across Optum.
- Independently build, validate, and socialize revenue cycle analytics to support national revenue cycle and local market leadership teams
- Create and optimize SQL queries from multiple practice management systems to produce reconcilable revenue cycle analysis
- Provide adhoc analytical support to revenue cycle operations teams
- Proactively understand, monitor, and report critical revenue cycle operations metrics including market trends, KPIs, and benchmarks
- Collaborate with accounting, finance, and healthcare economics to support revenue cycle activities
- Translate detailed analysis into an actionable executive level insight
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience performing healthcare financial analytics
- 5+ years of experience creating and optimizing SQL queries
- 5+ years of expert level experience in Excel for business analysis skill set
- 3+ years of healthcare industry experience in ambulatory analytics
- Experience using data visualization tools to present datasets e.g. Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.
- Experience with various statistical analysis techniques, including but not limited to multivariate regressions, monte carlo simulations, cluster analysis etc.
- Proven ability to clearly communicate summarized results to VP/SVP level leadership
- Analytical expertise with at least one practice management systems: Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, NextGen etc.
- Experience with Apache Airflow or similar workflow engine
- Experience with Python, R or similar language
- Experience with Toad or similar database management tool
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.