Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Uber AI Recommendations at Uber
Uber AI's mission is to optimize and innovate Uber's products and business using machine learning and AI. The group consists of Uber's machine learning platform team which enables machine learning at scale, AI building blocks which enable product teams to build unique experiences and engagements with product teams on their business problems.
The group consists of machine learning engineers, mobile engineers, backend engineers and research scientists and engineers.
About the Role
Uber AI Building Blocks establishes core, reusable ML systems that can be applied across problems. Through close collaboration we deliver innovative Machine Learning/AI solutions for core business problems.
We focus on productionizing ML to improve end user experiences and drive the business. As a core offering, we are developing a platform around recommendation and personalization across Uber products. We strive to understand our riders, drivers, restaurants and build more personal experience across all users. As an engineer, you would be responsible for building these systems that are high performant and can operate at high scale (imagine every Uber trip) while leveraging state-or-art research in Recommendations. You will deliver these solutions from inception to production.
What You'll Do
- Develop innovative ML/AI solutions for challenging business problems that are fundamental for Uber
- Partner with product teams to analyze key business problems
- Collaborate with data science and engineering teams to integrate and validate machine learning solutions end-to-end
- Deliver enduring value in terms of software and modeling artifacts
- Help build a predictions engine that can support a wide variety of personalization and recommendations use cases
- Use Knowledge base and Knowledge graphs to build product recommendations across Uber's suite of products
- 2+ years of industry experience in applied ML, or a Ph.D. with some industry experience obtained through e.g. internships
- Proficiency in Python, Java
- Experience running production engineering systems
- Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- 4+ years of industry experience in applied ML, or a Ph.D. and 2+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in Bayesian optimization, probabilistic machine learning, knowledge graphs, recommendation systems, or deep learning
- Proficiency in one or more coding languages such as Java, Go, C, C++
- Experience with any of the following: Spark, Hive, Kafka, Cassandra
- Ability to innovate, as proven by a track record of software artifacts or publications
- Ability to deliver end-to-end solutions, including data preparation, training, and deployment
- Experience working with product teams
- Ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions
- Proven ability to communicate technical knowledge to a business audience
- Collaborative attitude and constructive approach
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.