Sr Engineering Manager- Pricing and Incentives at Uber
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
This is a critical team within the pricing and incentives domain in Uber's marketplace team. The team's charter spans incentives and pricing optimizations to balance the market, maintain high reliability, and optimize revenue. The role will provide an opportunity to work on some of the most strategic marketplace problems at Uber scale that impacts Uber's global business very directly.
What You'll Do
- Hire and retain critical and top notch talent in backend, ML, optimization, data
- Work with product, data science, and eng leadership to shape the business problems, technical roadmap and problem formulations for the team.
- Leverage algorithmic knowledge in machine learning/optimization/statistics to set technical direction
- Lean into very detailed algorithmic and modeling issues as necessary
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science and related field
- 7 years of experience in leveraging machine learning/statistics/optimization to build production systems that impact the business directly
- 5 years experience managing teams
- MS or Ph.D. in a quantitative fields, e.g, machine learning, statistics, electrical engineering
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.