Sr. Database Administrator at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
- Provide operational support of applications and platforms such as Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Integration Cloud, and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Partner with development and operations teams along with vendors to provide support and maintenance for applications, platforms, and environments across the portfolio
- Partner with architecture teams to influence design of emerging database applications, including cloud native, and develop structures that accommodate evolving business, technical and user requirements
- Participate in the planning and execution of platform patching and validations
- Implement platform automation by writing scripts and integrating toolsets
- Provide accurate metrics and status on application and platform performance
- Identify and prioritize operational and platform improvement opportunities
- Plans for and implements backup and recovery for all relevant applications
- Proactively influence architecture/solution designs and support processes by sharing subject matter expertise and highlighting risks
- Develops, updates, and maintains database manuals, documentation, policies and procedures for installing, configuring, maintaining and using database systems and technologies
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years' experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8 years' experience in a related field.
- 2 - 3+ years of hands-on experience administering Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), and/or Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC)
- Cloud/platform automation and orchestration experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle databases and ability to perform SQL queries
- Working knowledge of LINUX and shell scripting
- Solid group facilitation and communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of both Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps best practices such as Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration/Delivery for distributed services
- Experience working in an agile team
- Proven documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes in deadlines and priorities
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects
- Quickly understand new information and how it connects to a larger picture
- Openness to receiving and applying feedback
- Possess a collaborative, get-it-done personality
- Ability to partner with Managed Service Onshore and Offshore resources (resource planning, escalation, documentation review)
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.