Sr Database Administrator (Hybrid) at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area)
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases in compliance with application specifications and company policies, standards and procedures. Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Perform installations and configurations of MongoDB Community Edition.
- Design, implement, and maintain access and security administration on MongoDB.
- Design, implement, and maintain backup and recovery strategies and high availability solutions on MongoDB.
- Expertise in setup of monitoring and diagnostics tools on MongoDB Community Edition.
- Perform capacity planning and provide recommendations to management to sustain business growth.
- Act as mentor for Database Administrators.
- Assist development teams to improve database design, procedures, and best practices.
- BA / BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years of experience working with No SQL and Relational Database Management Systems in testing, implementation, maintenance, and administration in a multiple platform environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with MongoDB Community Edition.
- Experience with DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, and/or Oracle a plus.
- Experience with Kafka a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and shell scripting.
#LI-AK IDB333 336961 336961BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$78,900.00 to $139,500.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.