Sr. Data Scientist at BetterUp (Remote)
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
Come build the future of data at BetterUp! We are looking for an experienced Sr. Data Scientist to join our team. At BetterUp we believe that data is critical to our success. If you are passionate about helping people reach their potential, thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where you get to build the future, and enjoy driving the business forward with data, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Be an embedded analyst on our Direct to Consumer squad and help them drive product growth through a deeper understanding of our members
- Conduct data deep dives to continue to learn new truths about the member experience. Present your findings to the squad with key recommendations on the next steps that will help drive future product strategy
- Partner closely with Product Managers to understand their needs and goals and ensure to cascade critical information they need to know about what is possible with our data
- Partner closely with data engineering to design new data models that serve to provide data on each critical part of the experience
- Help drive A/B testing strategy including design, analysis and iteration
- Create statistical models to better understand the drivers behind members’ usage and personal growth
- Translate complex results to non-technical audiences and help use data to inform the product strategy
- Build strong relationships with other analysts to ensure we leverage each other's learnings and research
- Reports to the Director of Product Analytics
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5-7+ years of experience programming with SQL, LookML, and Python / R
- Previous experience with Looker and Amplitude, or similar tools
- 3+ years of experience analyzing consumer / subscription data for a D2C company
- Previous experience designing and analyzing A|B tests
- The ability to translate complex results into strategic recommendations (both written and verbal)
- A self starter that can jump right in and quickly add value
- A natural ability to think like an owner
- A problem solver that thrives on solving new and complex problems
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.