Sr. Data Scientist at Magna International (Boston, MA)
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We're the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we're more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it's our talented people who lead us on this journey.
Magna New Mobility is looking for a strategic and inquisitive Senior Data Scientist to develop and run with data-centered projects. The Senior Data Scientist will be required to outline work requirements, assign tasks to junior staff, and monitor performance within the team. They should be able to help set the path for the group with the right approaches and best practices. They will also take a prominent role in the development of junior staff. This role will be hybrid in our Boston office or can be based in Troy, Michigan.
- Categorizing, formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at improving the business.
- Background in Automobile space is preferrable.
- Collating and cleaning data from various entities for later use by junior data scientists.
- Delegating tasks to Junior Data Scientists to realize the successful completion of projects.
- Monitoring the performance of Junior Data Scientists and providing them with practical guidance, as needed.
- Selecting and employing advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability.
- Producing and disseminating non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies.
- Staying informed about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant.
- Advanced degree in data science, statistics, computer science, or similar.
- Extensive experience as a data scientist.
- Proficiency in R or Python, where the former is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of SQL.
- Competent in machine learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centered projects.
- Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
- Outstanding supervision and mentorship abilities.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
- Compliance with prevailing ethical standards.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston