Sr Data Engineer at The Walt Disney Company
- Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to understand data and reporting requirements.
- Work with Engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems.
- Design table structures and define ETL strategy to build performant Data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast growing data ecosystem.
- Develop Data Quality checks for source and target data sets. Develop UAT plans and conduct QA.
- Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Jenkins.
- Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
- Perform SQL and ETL tuning as necessary.
- Develop and maintain Dashboards/reports using Tableau and Looker
Basic Qualifications :
- 3+ years of relevant Professional experience.
- 2+ years work experience implementing and reporting on business key performance indicators in data warehousing environments. Strong understanding of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
- 2 + years experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake/Redshift.
- 1+ Years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash) preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with workﬂow management tools (Airﬂow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Good understanding of SQL Engines and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Additional Information :